Founded in New York City in 2012, TANYA TAYLOR strives to bring colorful confidence and high-energy
happiness to women’s lives through the artful use of color and original prints. We are painting the world
we want women to live in- A world pulsing with creativity and color where we encourage women to
celebrate every version of themselves.
We are looking for Designer candidates with 5+ years of womenswear design experience in the advanced
contemporary and/or luxury markets. The role will support the development of 4 ready to wear collections
annually encompassing all categories with a focus on wovens. The candidate must have a strong
understanding of fit, construction, color and detail.
Must be highly organized and a team player, reporting to the Design Director.
- Responsible for design development and research for women’s ready-to-wear collections.
- Illustrate silhouettes across categories through hand-drawings, technical flats and CADs
- Collaborate with team on inspiration boards, research, color and astute market research
- Create and assist in the development of custom artwork, print and textile development.,
- Collaborate with Product Development on development calendar, ensure design workflow is met with timely precision.
- Create detailed tech packs and communicate design intent with Technical Design team
- Uphold design integrity and high-quality execution throughout the entire development process from concept through market with detailed fitting and problem solving abilities
- Maintain organized fabric, color and reference library
- Assist in the execution of seasonal lookbooks and presentations
- Be a creative innovator, leading to both commercial and creative success.
- Resonate and create continued excitement around the future of Tanya Taylor.
- 5+ years of experience in advanced contemporary or luxury womenswear
- Strong aesthetic/understanding of the advanced contemporary women’s wear and competitive landscape
- Strong sense of style, color and exceptional taste level
- Highly skilled hand and CAD illustrator
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be a master of Adobe CS, Procreate a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office