Director of Production
Jennifer Behr is seeking a full time Director of Production in Brooklyn, NY.
We are seeking an energetic and experienced in-house Director of Production.
Candidate must have at least 5 years experience in domestic jewelry and/or accessories production and product development. Must be comfortable managing a high-volume in-house atelier and external manufacturing partners.
This is an in-person role. Candidate must be available to work at our studio location full-time and manage our fast growing, domestic luxury production program for both e-commerce and wholesale partners.
The individual in this role will be solely responsible for ensuring the success of the internal and external production programs, while maintaining the utmost quality of our luxury product across all categories.
This position will report directly to the CEO. This role will be responsible for on-boarding new production partners in order to help expand the rapidly evolving scope of the brand. The individual in this role will also be responsible for managing a Production Assistant and Wholesale Shipping Coordinator.
- Manage full in house production program and monitor PO progress, while ensuring all target in house and wholesale delivery dates are met and/or exceeded
- Prioritize production POs by immediate and future need to ensure full stock status for all in demand and bestselling items, while simultaneously coordinating on-time delivery of future season production. Advise e-commerce and sales teams on delivery dates for all anticipated and pending orders on a weekly cadence
- Keep all material fabrics, trims, components inventoried and organized properly in order to ensure full stock in all current season trims as required for on time delivery of season orders. Order all production materials for in house and monitor supply stock to ensure core components are always available
- Spearhead all season sourcing, counter sourcing, and costing across company categories including jewelry, hair accessories, fabrics, etc. Responsible for costing full season sampling selection for wholesale and retail
- Work with design team to source and initiate relationships with new manufacturing partners in line with company aesthetic and production needs
- General management of studio, sample makers, production support staff, and shipping team
- Establish and track total team progress against strict seasonal development, sales, and production calendar in order to keep company on correct wholesale, e-commerce, and production schedule
- Oversee design team during seasonal development phases in order to advise best possible manufacturing practice to achieve ultimate target margin and quality for production
- Responsible for maintaining comprehensive company library of all BOMs, TOPs, Spec Sheets, Product Pages, Costing Sheets, etc.
- Continual sourcing of new materials, vendors and techniques in order to ensure top quality and expediency for product development and production
- Excellent Excel, email communication, and general computer skills
- Sense of urgency is key, while working with extreme accuracy and attention to detail
- Minimum 5 years work experience in jewelry/accessory production or design. Must have domestic in-house production experience.
- Strong follow-up skills and ability to maintain organized time & action calendar
- Have a finely tuned sense of quality and understanding of a luxury production standard
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, and able to multitask
Summary and Application Instructions:
Jennifer Behr introduced her namesake collection of distinctive, luxury hair accessories in 2005.
Since then, the collection has grown to include a range of seductive headpieces, jewelry and hats.
Jennifer Behr is sold at fine retailers all over the world including Bergdorf Goodman, Net-A-Porter, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus and many more.
To apply, please submit your resume and salary requirements for consideration.