Head of Logistics
Reporting to the Commercial Director, this candidate will establish logistics procedures across the business, developing and implementing new processes to ensure operational excellence and best practice – primarily within our B2B business. This role will need to work cross-functionally, both internally and externally, to ensure Wood Wood is working with partners that will best serve our current and future needs and will be able to provide a high level of service as we continue to expand. To this end, the candidate needs to have a full overview of B2B and B2C from incoming to outbound across the business.
According to agreed budgets and goals, this role is accountable for the full Supply Chain within the logistic area, from supplier to customer.
- Define and deploy the logistics strategy (transportation capacities, product flow, replenishment)
- Direct and execute coordination of warehouse, transportation and customs activities.
- Planning and execution shipment of incoming goods
- Special handling and regular shipments to B2B customers
- Regular analysis of costs of movement of goods and benchmarking against alternative providers.
- Develop logistics budget in cooperation with Commercial Director
- Work closely with Commercial Director to plan the disposal of past season inventory.
- Ensure master data is regularly and accurately maintained to support business processes across both B2B and B2C
- Work closely with buying, ensuring inbound receipts will meet sales orders and planned pick pack process in meeting customer deliveries.
- Work closely with finance to plan to release goods and optimise customer planning within the B2B network.
- Work closely with 3rd party logistics team.
- Provide leadership and support on B2B and B2C customer service
- Responsible for inventory accuracy and reports to finance and Commercial Director
- Report monthly figures
- Ensure calendar discipline with regards to deadlines and on-time delivery
- Responsible for the daily use of the ERP system is running well