Sales Advisor (Part-Time)
Driven by story telling, The Mills Fabrica's experiential retail store explores the technological advances between the food and fashion industries. Showcasing the ecosystem of innovators taking inspiration from nature herself, this will be a store that will educate, inspire and challenge preconceived notions of what is possible at the biomaterial level and beyond.
Based in the heart of London’s vibrant King’s Cross tech district, The Mills Fabrica will launch its UK outpost in early June with the opening of Cottam House – a three-storey Victorian warehouse encompassing 11,383 sq. ft. situated in the Regent Quarter. The Mills Fabrica’s London base will comprise a start-up incubator, an investment platform, high-spec labs, strategic collaborations to solve high profile industry problems alongside a curated programme of cultural and industry events, and an experiential retail space and café both open to the general public.
Reporting into: Retail Store Manager
Desired Start Date: 28 June 2021
The retail sales specialist role will serve as our mission and products’ story teller.
You will be a part of the team focused on delivering great customer experience. You will introduce people to the wide range of technologies, processes and products that help them do what they love in new ways.
You’ll help to create the energy and excitement around different sustainable products, providing solutions and getting products into customers’ hands. Always curious, you stay on top of news about new sustainable innovations in the fashion and food industries , ready to apply your expertise in customer interactions. Store Manager will support your professional development and every day you will have the chance to make a big difference for your customers, sustainable brands and yourself.
WORKING TOWARDS OUR CORE VALUES
- Collaboration: Co-solving problems and thriving together.
- Innovation: Imagine what is possible, take action and drive progress.
- Sustainability: Work towards a better and more sustainable future, reducing our impact and improving livelihoods
TASKS & DUTIES
- Deliver exceptional service to our customers by building rapport, sharing product knowledge and catering to their needs
- Work as part of a team focused on creating a memorable customer experience. From selling and replenishing stock, organising display, to hosting, you understand there is more to the customer experience than just selling.
- Story telling behind each fashion & food technology and its products that are well designed, sustainable and plays its part in the circular economy.
- Manage customer feedback, and use it constructively to continually raise the bar for service, sales and retail standards in your area
- Adapt to the challenges that vary from day to day. A flexible role, you may be required to work on different departments, events, workshops and functions, taking your service excellence and collaborative spirit with you
- Use your natural curiosity to stay ahead of the latest trends by taking every opportunity to expand your knowledge of products and competitors
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences in a very active environment and to be invigorated by constant personal interaction.
- Strong interest in technology driving sustainability, particularly in fashion & food tech,
- Strong agility to learn new products and features.
- Strong communication skills that let you converse as freely and comfortably with small groups as with individual customers.
- Flexible working weekends, evenings and facilitating events.