Junior Collection Developer
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as Junior Collection Developer to work across the Collection Development & Atelier team based in Deptford, London in the development of all woven & knitwear collections. You should have experience in a luxury, premium or high end high street brand with a basic knowledge of garment construction, fabric and manufacturing methods and have a logical and pro-active approach to problem solving which you will be asked to demonstrate at interview. You should also have excellent organisational skills and be proficient at intermediate level on Excel.
Salary £20,000-£25,000 per annum DOE
No agencies please.
- Create & Maintain seasonal fabric/colour/reference boards, ensuring all relevant teams have the information needed.
- Arrange fabric shrink tests and additional dry clean tests along with independent testing, under the direction of the fabric manager.
- Manage all fabric wearer trials reporting all results back to the fabric manager.
- Quality check fabrics when they arrive for any issues.
- Maintain all stock levels in the Atelier and RM studio (seasonal and trans seasonal fabrics, trims, fusing, paper, card, pattern/ sewing equipment), placing orders with suppliers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the ordering of all trans seasonal stock items.
- Support in setting up raw materials in zedonk seasonally.
- Responsible for the creation of sample packs for the factories; organising fabric meterage, trims, swatching spec sheets and sample orders.
- To assist in the atelier – covering work flow whilst the teams are in fit sessions/meetings as well as setting up for fittings and meetings.
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness in the office and atelier.
- Send end of season stock check to the team in preparation for production handover.
- Chase fabric/component & sms sample orders, ensuring Critical Path is met and the correct Delivery method is chosen to aid this.
- Arrange all import and export shipments across the department.
- Track all shipments & liaise with development & design teams on fabric/component & sample deliveries.
- Responsible for managing budget trackers and adhering to budgets that have been set across the department.
- Track & code all seasonal invoices & submit weekly to accounts, as well as creating end of month budget updates for the head of collection development.
- Responsible for the management and final archiving of seasonal collections.