Senior Data Analyst, Marketing
Popshop Live is a livestreaming commerce marketplace that empowers sellers to go live and sell their products to a fun community of shoppers. We built an immersive and engaging shopping experience on Popshop Live, found product-market fit, and are looking to scale the team. We are backed by Silicon Valley's best investors and are looking to take on the world. Come join us and help scale Popshop Live into the next big shopping innovation.
Data Analytics at Popshop Live
We’re a scrappy team working hard to keep up with a fast paced company. We enable the Product, Marketing, Sales, and Business teams to make the best data-driven decisions each step of the way from ideation to execution. Popshop Live sits at the intersection of entertainment, social media, and eCommerce, which translates into exciting data problems as they relate to time series, sentiment, categorization, and recommendations. Our data stack includes BigQuery, dbt, and Metabase, and follows the modern ELT philosophy.
Speaking of philosophy, we believe in inclusivity and collaboration. We are passionately focused on delivering 10x customer experiences. We build for scale and optimize for the fastest time to insight. We are the force multiplier for our business levers.
Popshop Live is looking for a curious, proactive, and organized data wizard to work collaboratively with the various teams across the organization. You should be “full-stack”; equally capable of structuring and modeling data, uncovering novel insights, and convincing others by presenting those insights in a clear and concise way.
As a member of the Data team, you’ll drive critical business decisions, extend our analytical capabilities, and work on incredibly interesting data problems. You’ll become a thought leader, and an integral part of a company that is making live stream commerce the next big thing.
What You'll Do
- Partner with our Marketing and Business leaders to empower better decisions through data-driven research and insights
- Design and analyze experiments to support acquisition, retention, and overall customer lifecycle success
- Define and evaluate key metrics and understand what moves them and why
- Model the lifetime value of our users
- Build out our marketing analytics capabilities to help us understand who our customers are, and how to effectively increase our reach
- 4+ years of experience in a data role
- 2+ years of experience in marketing analytics role
- Familiarity with modern MarTech services/tools
- SQL guru, and experience in an analytical programming language (Python or R)
- 2+ years experience with self-service BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Metabase)
- 2+ years working with a data warehouse (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery)
- SQL wizard experienced in data modeling, query performance and optimization
- Proficient with Git
- A solid math and statistics background
- Strong analytical intuition and business acumen
- Familiarity with dbt is a big plus
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role, within a fast-paced, high growth technology company
- Ability to define relevant metrics and communicate them clearly to cross functional partners of varying technical levels to influence appropriate and accurate decisions