Senior Graphic Designer
Right now, we are looking for an experienced Senior Graphic Designer, who is deeply embedded in creative design within youth and fashion culture. Reporting to the Senior Creative Lead, the Senior Graphic Designer is a key role in driving Depop's brand identity and visual design through our brand channels and more widely through the business. You'll work closely with the creative team to make outstanding design work that positions Depop as the most diverse, progressive home of fashion.
- Drive design direction, innovative creative ideation and execution for Depop brand, marketing, social and partnership campaigns, activations and content.
- Build and refine the Depop graphic systems and guidelines, and continually manage and evolve the Depop brand identity: ensuring this is central and consistent across all creative projects and platforms.
- Drive creative excellence in design across all channels, managing and mentoring a team of graphic and motion designers and freelancers
- Hands on design ability to produce attractive and effective designs across multiple platforms, from print and digital to social and animated design for social and campaigns
- Bring strong relationships with external creative agencies and partners, internal/external teams while managing multiple work-streams with competing priorities
- Work closely with internal key stakeholders and senior leaders
- Champion new and interesting creative talent within the industry
- Ability to structure/deliver outstanding creative presentations (internally or externally)
- 5+ years working within a fashion and youth culture brand or agency environment, in graphic design in a Senior Designer role
- Excellent typography skills, creative mind and a sharp eye; layout and art direction will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible for in-app & outgoing comms across the business
- A strong understanding of creating motion graphics, and animated typography that excite and inspire our creative community.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a broad range of design projects including brand campaigns, activations, moving image, design systems, events, digital, motion graphics, print, social campaigns
- Advanced technical skill set; including graphic design, typography, art direction, moving image and motion graphics animation, and use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert working knowledge in the following creative suites: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Sketch
- Calm under pressure, resourceful and a creative problem solver, used to working to strict deadlines and on own initiative
- Entrepreneurial spirit, growth mindset, and collaborative nature is a must
- Strong understanding of assessing the content landscape for a brand
- Strong communication skills and a highly developed design vocabulary
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Good organisational skills that support the rest of the team
- Passion for fashion and youth culture