Tanya Taylor is looking for a passionate and driven Communications Director to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is an expert communicator and creative strategist with in-house experience at a fashion brand.
The Communications Director will be responsible for creating and executing annual and seasonal communications strategies geared toward building brand awareness, driving e-commerce and social traffic, and strengthening the Tanya Taylor market position. This role is responsible for overseeing the execution of all PR, VIP, and Influencer related tasks such as actively pitching and securing top-tier media coverage, overseeing sample trafficking, facilitating celebrity placements and influencer campaigns, and securing VIPs for event, campaign, and social initiatives. This position will report directly to Tanya Taylor, CEO & Creative Director.
The ideal candidate has experience leading communications in-house for a fashion brand, has strong relationships with media, stylists, VIPs, influencers, and talent agencies and is excited to join a fast-paced, high-growth company where they will play a vital role in leading the brand’s communication strategy. Creative thinking, innovation, and a passion for / knowledge of new forms of media will also be required.
Due to the pandemic, this position is currently remote, however this position will be based in NYC and will be expected to resume in-person work in the near future.
- Develop and execute PR, VIP, Influencer, and social media strategies to support brand objectives
- Develop all written communications including press releases, pitches, brand statements, etc.
- Secure feature stories, brand stories, editorial and product placements on a national and regional level across digital, print, broadcast, podcast, and social media
- Partner with marketing, social media, and e-commerce teams to ensure all communication is targeted, timely, and on-brand
- Support executives in strategic communications by drafting messages, Q&As, and briefings for press interviews
- Manage seasonal PR, VIP, and influencer budget to manage department spending
- Develop and maintain key relationships with editors, stylists, influencers, and brand partners
- Place seasonal PR sample orders and oversee sample trafficking
- Oversee weekly and monthly reporting and project recaps
- Partner with marketing on events, partnerships, and collaborations to create press-worthy moments and VIP support
- Create and oversee execution of tiered influencer strategy
- Develop and oversee all press events including NYFW, press days, launch events, etc.
- Cast VIPs and influencers for brand initiatives and campaigns
- Proactively and creatively find ways to position Tanya Taylor as a brand to watch within the fashion industry
- 6+ years of PR experience with at least 2+ years in-house at a fashion brand
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationships with media, stylists, VIPs, and influencers
- Experience with Launchmetrics, Meltwater, and Cision
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage workload, multi-task, and take responsibilities for deadlines
- Passionate about fashion and extremely knowledgeable about the industry, media, and social landscape
- A highly creative and strategic thinker
- A detail-oriented, organized, and self-starting individual
- Someone who works well under pressure; able to use discretionary judgment and make solid decisions
- Must have a positive attitude, be able to take feedback, and quickly pivot to new directions when needed
- Bring passion, creativity, energy, and inspiration to the team; possess the ability to suggest feedback with conviction
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com, subject line: Communications Director