Assistant Technical Designer
Looking for a qualified Technical Designer Associate for apparel categories in which they will facilitate the transition of product from initial design/proto to TOP approval. They will collaborate with cross-functional partners to achieve appropriate fit and functional intent as well as to obtain clear direction and consensus on design aesthetic, fit intent and construction. The individual will be responsible for attending fit sessions on live models working with the Technical Design Director and Design team to achieve design aesthetic and communicate fit and balance corrections to domestic/overseas factories. The individual will develop key interdepartmental relationships to support working efficiently and drive fit consistency to improve the customer experience.
- Ensure overall fit consistency and provide fit approvals
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of design, product development and production priorities
- Participate and help manage fit sessions, construction and fit approval, and document all changes.
- Use technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolve issues that may require
- Use technical knowledge to maintain fit intent, balance and construction across all categories
- Identify potential production and quality issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity
- Evaluate garment to determine compliance of specs, construction, quality and fit intent
- Independent worker who is able to Maintain and manage workflow and workload
- Support Technical Design Director and Senior TD with daily factory communication
- Assist on sample tracking, coordinating samples and prepping fit sessions.
- Degree- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Design or a related field of study
- Technical Design- significant experience with fabric and garment construction and manufacturing processes (minimum of 4 years). Preferable experience in apparel categories
- Computer Skills- Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Suite and Google Suite required.
- Can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Has successfully participated in TD teams (direct and dotted line reporting relationships) for a minimum of 4 years
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Basic -Intermediate Knowledge of Patternmaking and Grading
- Strong knowledge of measuring and efficient communication of garment evaluation knowledge of pattern making
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong knowledge in technical workmanship quality and terminology
- Must have strong technical sketching skills through Illustrator