Head of Operations
Innovative Swiss Skincare startup seeking Head of Operations to design, implement and run a clean-sheet supply chain solution to enable an Autumn 2021 launch and provide a platform from which to scale. As part of a small, dedicated team you will be expected to wear multiple hats and input to business decisions across all levels and subject areas. Initially reporting directly to the CEO, this is a unique opportunity to put your stamp on this high-potential, science-driven skincare brand, driving value creation from day one.
- Design, and then scale, the supply chain network to support volume and geographical expansion in line with 5YP
- Manage external contract manufacturing partners, including adherence to SOPs (to be designed), and communicate risks & opportunities to launch, replenishment and NPD timelines
- Implement QA/QC standards across key business processes and monitor ongoing performance to standards, triggering corrective actions where necessary
- Work on a business stage-appropriate demand & supply planning solution to inform ongoing stock purchase requirements, maximising service level whilst preventing slow moving risk
- Manage any stock in trade and sell through analysis for b2b accounts
- Select and manage (third party) Fulfilment & Logistics partner(s)
- Design and procure sustainable transit packaging solutions to minimise environmental footprint whilst ensuring an on-brand unboxing experience
- Drive systems choices and implementations including acting as key user for the initial ‘ERP-lite’ business software
- Coordinate workplace IT to ensure efficient comms, storage, device management etc.
- Crossover and significant collaboration with Product Development, Finance and Legal
- Support CEO on any other business initiatives
- This role requires a combination of hands-on management, strong analytics, strategic thinking, rapid execution, and the interpersonal skills to work closely with both external partners and the brand team.
- We require someone highly adaptable who is able to quickly switch between long-term strategic initiatives and rapid, tactical actions.
- A self-starter who radiates positivity, possesses a “can-do” attitude, and has a laser focus on meeting targets, finding creative ways to do so
- 6-10 years of direct experience in operations, including experience of hiring and managing junior employees
- Track record of strong partner-relationship management inc. outsourced logistics providers
- Exposure to production management, GMP, and quality control principles
- Experience of both creating and optimizing key business processes
- Advanced Excel, plus proficiency in other MS Office applications
- ERP software experience
- An Engineering, Maths or Science degree is desirable, as are any relevant supply chain qualifications
- This role is remote working during the COVID period. Thereafter, there may be some days per week working from a London based office.