Sr Design Director, RTW & Fashion Denim
Sr Design Director (Ready-to-Wear) – Job Description
FRAME is an American fashion brand renowned for its collections in denim, cotton, leather and cashmere.
The company’s founders Erik Torstensson and Jens Grede strive to design a modern versatile wardrobe through signature denim fits, cotton shirting and coveted leather pieces.
Since the brand’s inception in 2012 in Los Angeles, California, FRAME has evolved from making handcrafted denim to offering ready-to-wear and accessories collections in the finest natural materials.
FRAME is committed to sustainable and fair manufacturing practices, balancing profit with a commitment to people and planet.
Today, FRAME is sold through its own retail stores and e-commerce as well as through leading department stores and boutiques across the world.
Reporting to the Creative Director of Womenswear, the Design Director, Ready-to-Wear will collaborate and partner with the Creative Director of Womenswear to create a line that is on trend, sellable and has the FRAME brand integrity within our RTW category.
- Researches trends and applies newness and modernity to the FRAME brand during the design process.
- Mentors and provides inspirational leadership to all team members.
- Continually strives for design excellence and looks for ways to improve current processes, enhance team collaboration, and overall elevate the FRAME brand.
- Assists the Creative Director in presenting the line during sales meetings.
- Presents market research and sketches to the Creative Director.
- Manages the design process from initial sketch to production.
- Ensures top quality of all category products.
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams to ensure create and manage designer calendar.
- Directs all Designers, Assistant Designers and Associate Designers to ensure that all trim designs and sample orders are handed off to TBGS according to calendar.
- Delegates appropriate tasks/ projects to the Designer, Associate Designer, Assistant Designer and monitors and reviews their progress.
- Provides leadership and serves as a mentor to the Designer, Associate Designer, and Assistant Designer and any interns.
- Partners with the Merchandising & Pre-production teams to ensure costs of the materials, treatments and trims are within our initial FOB costing.
- Partners closely with the Production team to ensure timely production goals are met.
- Collaborates with Patternmakers, Development and Technical Designers to confirm desired garment construction and look.
- Meets with trim & fabric vendors / attends trade shows to research new fabrics, trims, and technology.
- that’s my job)
- Participates in fabric selections and initial print reviews during seasonal meetings.
- Meets with print/textile vendors and partners with graphic designer to create seasonal prints.
- Attends fittings and works with the Tech team to ensure design intent and fits are properly executed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of Fashion Design, specifically RTW category experience, is a must.
- Exceptionally high taste level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel and Word needed.
- Proven ability to manage, mentor and motivate a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Thrives in a highly dynamic, fast paced environment.