Solutions Architect - Digital (Online to Offline)
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 28 Jun 2022
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
Burberry is a recognised leader in engaging customers through digital experiences, both online and offline in our retail stores. This role is for a Solution Architect who can research, design and lead the introduction and adoption of new Digital- related technologies within Burberry. The candidate will be expected to be passionate about technology, with an understanding of Luxury Retail trends and how these can be brought together in new and exciting ways.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the solution architecture supporting our digital technology functions within Burberry is:
- Adaptive and can meet the ongoing demands of our business.
- Innovative and leading edge; supporting the development of new digital moments and experiences for our customers.
- Supportive of collaboration across a number of digital work stream's that embrace an agile delivery methodology.
- Aligned with our roadmaps and enterprise architecture principles, standards and governance process.
The scope of the role is specific to our digital delivery operations, working closely with the global architecture community on aspects of the digital and marketing technology capabilities that drive our consumers brand experiences across our digital channels. Co-operating in the development of associated technology platforms and application capabilities, it will require close business engagement and interaction with our Digital delivery project teams, digital product owners, the VP of Digital Technology and our IT Enterprise Architecture team.
The ideal candidate has a recognised background in agile, product-centric technology development, digitally focused solution architecture experience, customer centric functions as well as a good understanding of these capabilities and associated applications. This remains an evolving area for us and will require you to adapt and be creative as changing business demands continue to introduce new capabilities and applications
- Develop an evolving solution architecture for our digital online to offline digital initiatives within Burberry
- Design technical solutions that may span multiple work streams, whilst identifying downstream application dependencies. This role not only owns the solution through to delivery but is also responsible for understanding the wider Burberry application estate.
- Oversee the technical acceptance of agile user stories and ensure the integrity of any proposed solutions across workstreams and associated application architects.
- Identifying and exploiting the re-use of any components, patterns, techniques and documenting these for re-use by other projects.
- Establishing and directing proof of concepts in innovation and make recommendations on technology adoption.
- Work with the Security and Information Risk functions to ensure any solution meet the needs of our security standards and principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling the ability to comfortably communicate with key stakeholders, including senior business leaders, product owners, project managers and business analysts.
- Practical experience of delivering change in a global, fast-moving, multi-vendor environment supported by an agile delivery framework.
- Good experience in this space, preferably with a leading and innovating retailer.
- Recognised expertise in digital consumer and marketing technologies, demonstrating the ability to put forward relevant knowledge of architectural patterns, technology components and vendor products preferably within a luxury or related retail industry.
- Been part of an architecture team where you have developed solutions aligned with an overarching strategy.
- You can demonstrate relevant technical knowledge in at least two digital competencies from a domain that covers Clienteling, Commerce, Content Management, Omnichannel and CRM.
- A good understanding of how to derive complex digital solutions for a truly global business where the customer experience is seamless across multiple channels, including retail store interactions.
- Experience in providing leadership and guidance to peers and more junior members of the team.
- All-round experience of a range of technology solutions and a good understanding of the full-lifecycle of enterprise delivery projects is preferred.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || DIGITAL || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert