AMIRI is looking for a talented Pattern Maker to join our Production team. This role will be responsible for analyzing information, applying design principles, demonstrating attention to detail, responding to prompt department needs, and using their time to efficiently produce the best quality work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the sewing, design, and production departments.
- Handle and move objects using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, moving and manipulating materials.
- Draft lay out, and specify technical devices, parts, and equipment while providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to inform others of how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Estimate the quantifiable characteristics of products, events, or information by estimating sizes, distances, and quantities or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
- Evaluate information to determine compliance with standards using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Participate in fittings, communicate comments and execute corrections.
- Create first-through production patterns in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with various teams to determine details on the constructions of the pieces.
- Translate the drawing of clothing designs into pieces of paper or fiberboard in order to replicate shapes that will serve as dress or clothing pattern.
- Maintain an open communication with designers and manufacturers to ensure smooth transition of designs and actual clothing products.
- Use draping skills to produce the corresponding dress or clothing patterns.
- Ability to work with various clothing styles that have complicated pattern requirements.
- Conduct proper clothing fittings and issue necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Inspect the accuracy of sample pattern to ascertain that it follows the original sketch design.
- Alter sample garments as necessary to satisfy cost specification and manufacturing limitations.
- Provide advice or input on the right machine techniques to use.
- Grade the patterns according to the required range of garment sizes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience required.
- Degree in fashion preferred.
- Strong familiarity with AMIRI aesthetic.
- Ability to take direction and work in a collaborative environment.
- Outstanding organizational time and management skills, along with a keen attention to detail.