Assistant Fashion Designer - Couture
- Support Head of Design with daily tasks and seasonal projects.
- Research for seasonal design concepts
- Collect Trend/Vintage research based on seasonal inspiration
- Create and maintain seasonal boards and digital versions and keep boards updated after meetings and fittings.
- Assist in design and set up of mock-ups and trials.
- Set up of Tech Packs and hand off design team
- Edit sketches
- Setting up and editing line sheets
- Attending fittings when necessary
- Manage and organize trims/labels/combo fabrics
- Assist during style outs and photo shoots
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure deadlines are met
- Other duties, projects and tasks as assigned by management
- Good hand sketching skills/tabelet
- Must have thorough knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Must be able to provide examples of technical drawings and tech packs
- Must have technical knowledge pattern making and fabrics
- Must be extremely organized and have ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with luxury market and trends
- Ability to work well in a team setting as well as independently