Floor Manager - Josh Wood Colour Atelier
Floor Manager - Josh Wood Colour Atelier
Josh Wood Colour is looking for an experienced Floor Manager to take the lead managing all functions in our world-class central London Atelier. You should have outstanding client service and people management skills with a track record across a diverse range of functions, excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop the team.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role could be described as a ‘player-manager’ as it involves being very hands-on to support the day to day needs of clients and team whilst also driving the business forward.
Josh Wood is a world-leading colourist, an Executive Board Member of the British Beauty Council and a regular host on ITV’s This Morning. He founded the Atelier in 2011 as the home of our handpicked dream team of colourists and stylists.
“From Fashion Week to the red carpet, if you’ve spotted a shade you absolutely love, it’s more than likely expert colourist Josh Wood or his team were behind it” - Refinery29
We are on a mission to offer a better solution for clients to have fantastic personalised hair colour that is tailored to each individual. Our London Atelier is also the home to Josh Wood Colour Digital, working alongside Josh and the Atelier team to bring expert product innovation to our at-home community.
As Floor Manager, you will hold a pivotal position in the Atelier and will actively drive the business to perform with exceptional results. This will include the management and motivation of the Creative & Client Support team, having overall responsibility for health and safety, ensuring that rotas are prepared and targets are achieved. You will be confident in resolving face-to-face client issues in a professional manner and strive to go over and above to provide the ultimate client experience.
- The first point of contact for all operational issues and confidently resolve before they become a problem
- Be a present figure on the salon floor & ensure an exceptional client experience is upheld
- Plan support team rotas; ensure suitable staffing levels at all times, including planning for holidays and ensuring cover or staffing changes to cover for illness and team gaps
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding processes
- Support and empower the team leads with regular 1-1s, feedback and training/appraisals
- Manage all HR issues (support with escalation); focused on equality, sickness/absence procedures, coaching/training, giving feedback, conflict resolution
- Confidently and professionally resolve any complaints clients may have, you will quickly try and understand the problem in an objective manner and provide a suitable solution
- Follow complaints escalation procedure when necessary
- Be responsible for ensuring health and safety procedures are adhered to including all Covid-19 government guidelines
- Be the gatekeeper of knowledge regarding our booking system and CRM tool
- Monitor customer service ticketing, calls, SMS, booking system fulfilment
- Compile weekly handover to alternate Floor Manager
- Make suggestions for improvements and execute ways to maximise revenue and retain clients
- Proven experience working in retail environment free-standing store/boutique
- Good knowledge of regulations; health & safety, fire safety, rules
- Salon experience is preferable but not necessary
- Experience managing people and teams
- Good HR knowledge
- Understanding and experience of using booking software
- Recent experience using CRM system
- Proven experience of implementing new processes
- HNWI knowledge/experience: luxury customer service skills
- Complaint escalation: how to resolve in the moment face-to-face & written language competencies
- Technology know-how
- We are based in Holland Park, London
- We are a friendly bunch with a strong and collaborative team culture
- You will be joining a new team and get the chance to help shape how we work while using the latest tools and technologies
- No two days are the same at the atelier and the role requires you to think quickly and creatively
- 36 hour contract
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holiday
- Generous discounts on hair & beauty products
- Complimentary salon treatments