Commercial Director, Beauty (f/m/d)
ABOUT THE TEAMAt Zalando, we want to enable a Beauty Specific experience that helps us connect more deeply with our customers. Beauty is a key strategic priority in 2021 onwards across the Fashion Store. We recognize that Zalando Beauty customers have specific needs when buying and applying Beauty products, from personalized advice to addressing unique preferences and concerns.Our Beauty Category was established in 2018 by a team of colleagues across Business Development, Buying, and Merchandise Planning. Since then the team has grown significantly, made incredible in-roads into the beauty market, and delivered exponential topline growth. The assortment has grown to over 380 brands across make-up, skincare, fragrances, haircare, and beauty accessories including iconic names like MAC, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Charlotte Tilbury and Urban Decay. Some highlights from 2020 include building a hair salon to unlock the professional haircare category online, developing a proprietary Beauty Sustainability framework, and launching the dermacosmetics category with iconic brands like Vichy and La Roche Posay in conjunction with a pharmaceutical retail partner. These are just a selection of projects delivered by the Beauty team, all to entice and excite our customers. The environment is entrepreneurial and high-energy. Looking forward, we set our sights to scaling the business and building the foundations for online Beauty leadership in the future. ABOUT THE ROLE As Commercial Director of Beauty, reporting directly to the Vice President of Beauty, you will own the commercial agenda of the business, using your commercial expertise to drive revenue growth and market share. With your exceptional stakeholder management skills, you will collaborate with other teams in the Zalando platform ecosystem, and create mutually beneficial trust-based relationships with our most important Beauty suppliers - bringing the best of Zalando to our partnerships.You will be responsible for driving Buying, Merchandise Planning, Pricing & Promotional strategy, and Commercial Analytics for our Wholesale business and foster growth in our Partner Programme through strategic retailer partnerships. You will define the commercial ambition and supply vision for the Beauty category, lead trading, and own negotiations with key accounts to deliver strong commercial and strategic impact. You will furthermore play a leading role in cross-departmental projects and partner focused initiatives designed to scale and elevate the Beauty Customer Proposition. WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Commercial acumen: You will lead high level negotiations (top to tops) with Beauty Brands, leveraging solid beauty industry insights and experience to drive win-win outcomes for Zalando and our Partners. You will support Category Teams to set and deliver on commercial targets, integrating Zalando platform services into your plans and steering the business to achieve financial targets.
- Stakeholder Management: You will maintain a strong network with partners' organizations and enable structured and trust-based relationship management. Furthermore you will collaborate internally with multiple functions including Markets GMs, Business Finance, and Platform Services to deliver cross-functional impact for the business
- Strategic capability: You will create and deliver the commercial strategy, linking the Zalando Beauty vision and project landscape with our partners' financial and strategic plans. You will furthermore lead strategic projects with a high commercial impact on the Beauty business.
- Inspirational Leadership: You will foster a high-performing, entrepreneurial environment and inspire others on the journey to deliver our ambitious growth plans.
- Authentic & inspiring commercial leader with a clear vision, decisive approach, and commitment to build, empower and coach a high-performing commercial team
- Relentless drive and commitment to deliver ambitious targets in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Strong understanding of Beauty e-commerce fundamentals and empathy for the needs of Beauty brands
- Adept negotiator who is commercially ambitious and focused on creating win-win situations
- Highly strategic and analytical thinker
- Outstanding stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills
- Industry experience working in Beauty Retail, eCommerce, Consumer Goods, or similar in a commercial leadership capacity