We are looking for an experienced Art Director to oversee all visual output for the brand. Taking your lead from the founder/Creative Director, you will be the driving force behind the development of the brands seasonal aesthetic, creating unique seasonal identities that stand out as new and interesting while still feeling like part of the KOIBIRD world.
- Work up and present concepts, mood, and story boards for all seasonal shoots, integrating brand values into final work.
- Lead all shoots and content production including commissioning external shoot teams and/or illustrators, editors etc.
- Upon approval of concepts, manage the creative from concept stage through to completion, across all design disciplines within the brand.
- Manage the creative team and guide them in the production of all seasonal brand collateral including but not limited to campaigns, look books, logos, invitations, packaging, seasonal graphics, and presentations.
- Oversee the day-to-day design work of your team such as emails, social content and digital marketing, approve work to go live or feedback amends as necessary.
- Responsible for website design and work with the head of e-commerce and our external developers to make sure design is implemented correctly.
- Be personally hands on with design work as and when needed, working on layouts, web design, animation, basic retouching and video editing
- Spearhead elevated inspirational visual designs for all our content including website content, promotions, newsletters, site design and marketing and any other visual social media assets.
- Work across creative, content, e-commerce, marketing, and buying to synthesise business needs and interpret these into a leading visual strategy.
- Own the visual updates to the homepage, choosing the right mix of imagery to communicate our brand personality even when using external brand images.
- Work to creative brief, budgets, and timelines
- 5+ years working within fashion retail, editorial or agency environment with at least 2 years of experience in a similar art director position.
- Excellent typography skills, creative mind and a sharp eye for detail
- A strong understanding of creating motion graphics, and animated typography and imagery.
- A long list of industry contacts including but not limited to photographers and film makers, stylists, hair & make-up artists and agents.
- Experience of producing shoots both in the UK and abroad
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a broad range of design projects including look books, in-store graphics, event signage, email, web design, motion graphics, print and social campaigns
- An understanding of the printing process; how to set files up correctly, colour profiling, bleed, etc
- The ability to be proactive, make decisions, see the bigger picture, spot mistakes and speak up if needed.
- Expert working knowledge in the following creative suites: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Sketch
- Calm under pressure, resourceful and a creative problem solver, used to working to strict deadlines and on own initiative
- A highly creative individual who likes to experiment and innovate
- A good manager of people with the ability to inspire and lead your team
- Strong understanding of assessing the content landscape for a brand Strong communication skills and a highly developed design vocabulary
- The ability to innovate whilst still meeting deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Good organisational skills that support the rest of the team
- A love of fashion, design and travel
THIS IS A FULL TIME ROLE. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR FREELANCE WORK.