Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
The Business of Fashion is seeking a talented Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist to manage the full recruitment life cycle and hire exceptional talent to join the global Business of Fashion team in our next phase of growth.
Working collaboratively with multi-level stakeholders across our global team, this is an exciting opportunity to join a small People team, with the overall goal of growing, retaining, and creating an inclusive environment for our employees.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
You’ll join an innovative People team who have a passion for all things people, culture and performance. As a key member of the People team, reporting to the Head of People, you take ownership for sourcing, identifying and recruiting exceptional talent to join the global BoF team.
You will be recruiting multi-level talent (from apprentice to C-Suite) globally across London, New York, France, Shanghai and LA, for all business areas including Editorial, Marketing, Data, Product, Technology, Operations, Creative Studio, Strategy and Commercial.
In partnering with hiring managers you will develop a thorough appreciation of their needs to enable you to source, interview and recruit talent. Delivering a high-touch experience for all candidates who engage with BoF, guiding them through every step of the process and providing constructive feedback at each stage. The role will be high touch with stakeholders and candidates - you will not be chasing quick wins, you will focus on attracting talent to support BoF in our goals as we scale-up.
In being successful in this role, you will focus on;
- Proactively source talent through headhunting and networking
- Conduct interviews with candidates, using competency-based interview techniques
- Host hiring team pre-briefs with multi level stakeholders to agree and inform on hiring requirements
- Host hiring team debriefs with hiring panel - gather constructive feedback following interviews and work with the hiring panel to guide the right hiring decisions for the candidate, team and business
- Manage all recruitment administration from arranging interviews to negotiation of complex offers, and managing offer, contract and referencing documentation
- Drive operational improvement across the Talent Acquisition function, harnessing data, insights, and technology at every stage
- Work with Business Partners to identify priorities and understand key hiring requirements
Diversity and Inclusion:
- Inclusion will be at the heart of everything you do in recruiting, you will work with hiring managers and panels to ensure that our hiring processes are fair and equitable at each and every stage
- Continue to build upon a recruitment strategy centred on diversity and widening the talent pool
- Partner with key multi-level stakeholders, including the C-suite, to gather requirements and deliver against hiring needs
- Guide our hiring managers and hiring panels through each stage of the process from scoping roles, advertising, agreeing on inclusive hiring strategies and collecting valuable feedback
- Manage stakeholder expectations in all aspects of the hiring process
- Provide weekly email updates to the Senior Leadership team on progress against hiring priorities
- Deliver an outstanding high touch candidate experience - you will invest significant time in each candidate that goes through our process, ensuring they are prepared and have personal and constructive feedback at each and every stage.
- Partner with our Brand Team to bring our employer brand to life, attracting new and diverse talent to our platform and increasing the reach of BoF in adjacent talent industries
Who You Are
You are a talented recruiter looking for the next challenge in your career where you will focus on hiring for a business going through growth, whilst having the autonomy to build upon our best-in-class talent acquisition function ready to deliver to the future of work.
You won’t need experience in fashion or media, but will need the ability to thrive in a fast-paced scale-up, global environment, combined with the following skills to set you up for success:
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion, looking for new ways to attract a broad range of skill sets and lived experiences to best connect BoF with our community.
- Ability to hire multi-level talent across all business functions and global locations.
- Excellent interviewing skills (competency, situational, etc.) and the ability to train and up-skill interviewers in the art and science of interviewing
- Creative problem-solving skills, utilising data to define decisions
- Meticulous attention to detail and a natural flair for planning and organisation. You are structured in your approach and thrive under a well-structured process.
- Process-driven by nature, with an obsession with ensuring consistency in approach across all open roles
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills whether you are hiring for an apprentice level role or partnering directly with our Founder & CEO as part of the hiring process.
- A skilled negotiator and influencer with the ability to respectfully challenge stakeholders where necessary to achieve the right outcome of decisions for the business.
- A genuine passion for creating an exceptional candidate experience for applicants at all levels.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
- You are receiving outstanding feedback from candidates whether they are successful in their application or not.
- Stakeholders trust you are an invaluable thought partner who helps them source exceptional talent consistently.
- High-quality candidate pools and talent pipelines are built so that all new vacancies are filled quickly with the right person.