Senior Designer - Maternity Cover
An integral role to our small yet highly creative design team. This team player will support the head of design, working creatively with a commercial mindset to develop and manage the RTW collections with 2 direct report design assistants.
Key Responsibilities, to include but not be limited to:
- Creating and developing initial design ideas, interpreting from main collection mood boards with a focus on soft woven’s shape and textile with a romantic, feminine handwriting.
- To seasonally move-on best-selling design formulas whilst also initiating new ideas and concepts to add to our ever-growing range.
- To inspire and guide design assistants to create signature fabric driven textiles as well as print and CAD development design work.
- Collaboratively, with the head of design, work closely with our India based design team to build a cohesive and inspirational collection. Ensuring sillhouettes and textiles work coherently alongside artworks and surface decoration, with clear cross territory communication.
- To develop and implement collections into sampling, managing all aspects of the range adhering to critical path timelines.
- To work with 2 design assistants to ensure all tech packs and style directions are issued clearly and accurately and collection, range building admin is prepared.
- Working closely alongside our in-house atelier establishing creative new pattern developments and ensuring smooth running and efficiency in work-flow.
- To generate inspiring research and contribute creative ideas to all aspects of the RTW collection.
- Must have a creative and feminine handwriting.
- A sensitive eye for colour is essential.
- Understanding and excellent eye for artworks – prints and surface decoration is key.
- Should have a great understanding of sillhouette and an eye for flattering shape, with the ability to work collaboratively alongside pattern cutters and technologist to achieve production ready product.
- Needs to be a great, collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ideally should have experience in working with India production and textile driven product.
- Should have the ability to work creatively yet with conscious awareness towards costing and sales feedback.
- Good hand drawing and sketch skills are essential.
- Excellent researching skills from varied resources, with an authentic design style.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Naturally driven and able to manage own workload as well as 2 assistants. To have a calm and inspiring yet determined approach, with keen attention to timelines.
- Organised and able to work in a calm manner, even when under pressure.
- Happy to work collaboratively within a small design team and have a polite manner with respectful communication skills.
- Keen interest in all areas of the creative / art world and able to draw inspiration from a range of aspects including exhibitions, shows, vintage markets etc.