Assistant or Associate Technical Designer
Assistant or Associate Technical Designer - SEA NY Reports to: Design Director
- Prepare design packages for OS proto development and SMS in Excel including construction details, Specs, BOM, and Fit Comments
- Work with in-house sewer on mock ups of construction techniques, execution of design vision on sew guides, and corrections to SMS.
- Attend fittings for development protos, assist in pinning and cutting garments in fitting. Responsible for taking photos and notes for tech pack comments.
- Sketch updates as needed following closely hand of Design Director and Senior Designer
- Scanning/photographing and cleaning new and updated sketches for design packs
- Assist in coloring and CAD development including print color ways and repeats, embellishment layouts, stitch layouts; CADing sketches with prints and embellishment layouts.
- Communicate comments on fabric, wash, embellishment and prints to OS factories, troubleshoot and work with vendors to ensure developments meet design standards.
- Mandarin proficiency to communicate with local sewers or clear simple communication to effectively get garments made.
- Take in house patterns to domestic digitizer to send patterns OS.
- Maintain records of development approvals to communicate all fabric and development information to production in conjunction with Associate Designer and Technical Designer.
- 1-4 years TD Experience
- Mandarin Proficiency Preferred
- Design eye and and brand appropriate taste level to execute garments with best outcome
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good follow through, proactive, extremely organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge of woven garment construction and fabric/trim
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Excel
- BA Fashion Design, Product Development or Technical Design
- Women’s wear experience is an asset/preferred
- Must be hard working and flexible with strong problem solving skills