Designer - Swim & Resort
Reporting to the Creative Director and based in the Sydney Head Office, this role will contribute and support the delivery of ZIMMERMANN seasonal collections alongside the Design Team.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Support the design process, from concept inception to finalisation, under the brand's Creative Director
- Extensively research creative ideas and provide design input into relevant collections
- Hand and technical drawings for pattern maker and production use
- Attend fittings and collaborate with other designers in the team, associates and patternmakers for adherence to quality and brand standards
- Work with textile designers on print creation and presentation
- Any task related to the development and production of the samples ranges for press and sales
- General design room management and administration tasks
Required skills & expertise:
The successful candidate will possess a strong sense of personal style, exceptional original design skill that can be expressed by illustrations and have a genuine passion and understanding of luxury designer fashion.
- A fashion design degree from a respected Australian or international institution and have achieved outstanding results in both course work and in external competitions
- At least 5 years' experience as a designer
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience with an internationally recognised luxury or designer brand
- Experience in a similar role OR previously owned their own label
- Advanced understanding of garment construction, fit and finishes
- Advanced Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign skills
- Excellent technical drawing ability
- Ability to lead a team
To apply, please include the following in your application:
- A cover letter describing yourself and your fashion point of view;
- Your CV; and
- A copy of either your 1) design portfolio or 2) a selection of illustrations. This must be in pdf format and no more than 5 pages.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Zimmermann is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications ensuring a strong corporate commitment to diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.