Do you dare to fail and Never Stop Learning? At GANT we are passionate and curious in everything we do. Through our performance and solution driven mindset, we have the opportunity to make a difference. We are brand and business oriented with a strong belief in that you should Never Stop Learning.
About the team
We are looking for a Fashion Print Designer to join our committed and ambitious Design team. As a print designer at GANT you will play an important part in our creative team, and join on our exciting and ambitious journey towards the future of Modern American Sportswear.
The core responsibility of the role as Print Designer is to design the best GANT prints, including both AOPs and Placement Prints across Men's and Women's departments.
This role requires the ability to visualize and execute the brand vision on different types of graphics.
The position as Print Designer reports to the Design Manager. The role gives you the possibility to work in an exciting, developing and positive environment, where you get the opportunity to be part of creating a strong assortment with GANT's great heritage in mind and also being part in shaping the future of GANT as a Modern American Lifestyle brand. You will be part of an international and creative team that is driven by the mindset of ‘Never Stop Learning’.
- Design and execute prints for our target customer in close collaboration with the Design Managers and the Design Team
- Keeping up to speed in Research with the surroundings, competitors & fashion forward trends
- Understand how to evolve and develop seasonal takes on logotype graphics
- Identify seasonal print keys, drive new & commercial directions
- Drive the print development process end to end in close collaboration with the product team
- Design proposals including mock-ups and photoshops to facilitate design decisions during the process
- Review strike-offs and provide continuous feedback to suppliers
- Identify and source new relevant print techniques
- Responsible for and understanding of all product policy / legal issues concerning prints, keeping close contact with legal for approvals.
- Create artwork and print instructions including placement to launch with supplier
- Work according to the Critical Path and being organized to meet deadlines.
- Academic degree from design, graphic and/or textile education.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role preferably from a fashion brand.
- Excellent knowledge in the full Adobe Creative package.
- Creative & visionary, be able to handle digital and handmade prints.
- A strong sense of commerciality & fashion relevance.
- Flexible & Action driven mindset,with a solution oriented approach
- Collaborative team player.
- Can work at a high pace environment.
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative and efficiently manage multiple project deadlines.
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English.
Apply with your CV, cover letter and portfolio through our career site by 2021-08-15. We review applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the set end date.
Please note that we will start recruiting for this position in August 2021.