Merchandiser - Carolina Herrera New York (Fashion)
The Merchandiser is an integral part of the collection assortment process. This is a dual role that has ownership of the product merchandising process, as well as retail merchandising via the collection buy for our DTC channels. The Merchandiser will partner with design, development, and production to develop well-rounded, fashion-forward collections. This role will also partner closely with the stores to ensure their needs are met from a product perspective. Manage the global business through strong reporting and understanding best-sellers in relation to what is currently relevant in the marketplace. Bring new ideas to the table through market research and competitive analysis. Contribute to the success of Carolina Herrera through strong product assortment, optimizing processes, and building relationships across departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Vice President of Global Merchandising as necessary.
- Support VP throughout the development process via historical data analysis, competitive research, etc.
- Maintain regular sell-thru reporting and advise best-sellers
- Stay current on trends in the market and provide comprehensive research that is relevant to the brand
Ownership of Style Master
- Maintain an updated Style Master and other systems backend applications
- Creation of style fabric codes in system in liaison w/ Design and Production
- Conduct competitive analysis on domestic and international markets
- Maintain and communicate updated pricing in all currencies to Sales and Production teams
Manage Market Deliverables
- Ownership of the linesheet photoshoot from A to Z
- Create and maintain updated linesheets and other market tools for domestic and international markets
- Provide daily merchandising updates (additions/cancellations/production notes) to Sales teams during market
- Create and communicate internal line sheet for Personals
Retail Buy & Support
- Own DTC buy across all channels (2 physical doors + ecommerce site)
- Manage OTB budget expectations
- Regularly analyze business and make suggestions to maximize ST%
- Communicate frequently with the Store Managers and sales associates to manage their day to day product needs
- Hold monthly product trainings to educate staff on collections and selling opportunities
- Partner with visual merchandising to promote key stories and styles in-stores
- Maintain accurate inventory of samples including discards
- Liaise with Public Relations, Wholesale and Retail teams on shipment of samples
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in luxury
- Analytical skills
- Extremely detail-orientated and able to effectively multi-task
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Able to successfully manage and execute priorities in a timely manner within a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the luxury retail market
- Team player: ability to work productivity and effectively with retail stores and cross-functional partners
Results and challenge-driven, flexible / ability to adapt quickly and to think on one’s feet to seize opportunities.
Curious and able to come up with new ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value added in brainstorming sessions. Brings a positive attitude and creative approach to problem solving and is not afraid to try new ways of working.
Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Develops and maintains strong, positive relationships with all relevant departments. Respects others and can be supportive to peers across divisions. Represents the department well in all interactions and possesses the professionalism to manage sensitive situations.
Integrity and Trust
Discreet and trusted; is seen as a direct truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Cool under pressure: does not become defensive and irritated when times are tough; is considered mature and can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; is able to handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; is a settling influence in a crises.