Buyer - Womenswear Woven
Are you an experienced buyer looking for a new & rewarding opportunity? Do you have strong analytical skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you passionate about the fashion industry and the latest trends, designs, silhouettes, fabrics, and colours?
If so, this could be the role for you! We are now looking for a Buyer to join our Womenswear Woven team based at our head office In London, Holborn.
COS is a fashion brand for women and men who want timeless, modern, functional and considered design. Offering reinvented classics and wardrobe essentials, we create iconic pieces and elevated essentials made with premium quality in the perfect fit. Since launching in 2007 we have opened stores in over 40 countries worldwide, all in carefully considered locations, applying a design concept that preserves the buildings’ original features whilst creating a modern, contemporary space.
As a buyer for our women’s woven department you will have the opportunity to work with many of the garment groups that our customers have come to love, including trousers, denim, outdoor and tailoring. In this role you will have the chance to shape the future direction and look of these collections all over the world. As a buyer you will have the opportunity to influence the design of our collection and work creatively to evolve and push the edges in everything we do. Creativity is a mindset that guides the way we do business, as a buyer your task it to help create a collection that is innovative, future thinking and sustainable.
Although no one day will ever be the same below is a short summary of the main tasks you can expect to be involved with
- Setting a clear buying strategy for the woven department considering our customer needs and brand goals.
- Ensure the best customer offer by buying at the right product at the right time based on current fashion and customer needs.
- Collaborate with design, pattern and production team to drive product development using relevant analysis and understanding of the COS aesthetics & customer.
- Work with the Buying Controllers to align targets and budgets.
- Guide, involve, inspire, and develop Assistant & Junior Buyers and challenge them to act with confidence.
- Previous experience as an established buyer, with experience of materials, trousers, denim, outdoor and tailoring
- Experience in collection building, range planning, drive high sales targets
- Up to date and knowledgeable in the latest trends styles, patterns silhouettes, fabrics, and colours
- Excellent knowledge of the global fashion industry and awareness of future fashion and trend predictions
- Excellent knowledge of various material and fabrics.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to inspire, influence and present confidently
- Self-starter who is able to hit the ground running
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make informed decisions
- Thrives in a fast paced, agile environment with exceptional organisational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Ability to influence, consult and collaborate at all levels
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks & priorities in an ambiguous environment.
Over the last 10 years we have carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and modern; choosing longevity over passing trends.
We set the bar high at COS; we are committed to offer an environment where talent is recognised and valued. We believe that a diverse workforce plays an important role in the success of COS. We celebrate individual differences and appreciate the contribution that all our colleagues make. To show our appreciation we have some fantastic benefits including
- 25% staff discount
- Private Health & Dental Care
- Standard Life Personal Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Long service awards
- Pure Gym membership discount
We look forward to receiving your application!