Marketing Associate - Customer Acquisition
The Business of Fashion is seeking a Marketing Associate - Customer Acquisition to help drive the expansion of a fast-growing, startup media company.
With a passion for performance marketing combined with a keen understanding of the role of paid media within a growth marketing framework, you’ll have experience of building, executing and reporting on integrated marketing campaigns to drive customer acquisition across owned channels as well as 3rd party platforms, including Google Adwords, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and services for the fashion and beauty industries.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
What We Need You To Do
As a key member of the Growth Marketing team, you’ll work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager, Individuals to support the planning and execution of integrated performance marketing campaigns to meet ambitious customer acquisition targets for our BoF Professional membership proposition.
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager, Individuals in leveraging digital marketing campaigns to drive customer acquisition for BoF Professional, targeting individuals working in the global fashion industry
- Maintain the customer acquisition campaign calendar and work proactively to meeting campaign deadlines
- Create campaign briefs and work collaboratively with the Studio team to ensure the timely delivery of all campaign assets
- Work with our paid media agency to plan and execute cost-effective campaigns across 3rd party platforms including, but not limited to, Google Adwords, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Consistently monitor all campaigns to ensure performance is in line with agreed financial targets
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in performance marketing to inform the optimal mix of platform, targeting, placement, creative, messaging and frequency
Who You Are
Highly organised and adept at juggling priorities to meet tight deadlines, you will need to have experience of building, executing and reporting on digital marketing campaigns, with the specific objective of acquiring paying customers with a positive return on investment.
You won’t need experience in fashion but will have a passion for performance marketing, combined with the following skills to set you up for success:
- The ability to independently manage and execute integrated digital marketing campaigns to tight deadlines, across email and onsite marketing.
- Work with our paid marketing agency to ensure timely launches across Google Adwords, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- A good understanding of customer targeting, content marketing and the role of paid media within a growth marketing framework - particularly if you have experience of executing paid media campaigns targeting individuals
- An understanding of the role and mechanics of interest profiling, custom audiences and retargeting
- Data literacy, including an understanding of how to track campaign performance and build an Excel report
- Excellent written English, including basic copywriting and exceptional proofreading skills
- Effective communication skills and a can do attitude
- The ability to support a side of the business tasked with ambitious growth targets in a fast-paced environment
- A splash of creativity with a keen understanding of how to optimise creative and messaging for each platform
You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
- All campaigns are executed on time, in line with business targets and brand standards
- Key performance metrics are consistently reported, and improving
- Spend is consistently tracked and always reconciles to budget
- You proactively optimise processes to enable you to take on wider responsibilities
- The Senior Marketing Manager, Individuals can rely on you to consistently help them deliver against key marketing objectives