Editor, Events and Multimedia
BoF is seeking a driven, passionate and intellectually curious Editor to drive the content development of our events and multimedia channels (video and audio), as well as represent BoF as host and moderator. With your strong background in journalism, you’ll be responsible for ideating, researching, planning and presenting editorial content across events (digital and physical) and podcasts. This is an exciting opportunity to join our editorial team with the overall goal of providing agenda-setting intelligence, analysis and advice for the global fashion community.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What we need you to do
Reporting to our Founder and CEO and working closely with the Editorial and Studio teams, the Events and Multimedia Editor is responsible for developing sophisticated, well-crafted editorial content across weekly podcast and digital live events (BoF LIVE), quarterly Summits and our flagship annual event VOICES.
We are seeking an independent thinker, intellectually curious and highly engaged with global issues and current affairs. By tracking — and anticipating — key currents affecting the fashion business, you will effectively build agenda-setting content from scratch, as well as translate best-performing editorial content into multimedia offerings. The ideal candidate would also represent BoF as podcast host and event moderator.
VOICES - Annual
A primary focus will be on BoF’s annual flagship event, VOICES, an invitation-only event bringing together the movers, shakers and trailblazers of the fashion industry and uniting them with the big thinkers, entrepreneurs and inspiring people who are shaping the wider world.
- Develop agenda-setting content, aimed at an audience of C-suite global fashion leaders
- Curate a selection of +40 VIP speakers from a broad spectrum of professional backgrounds (captains of industry from fashion & adjacent industries, business executives and entrepreneurs from non-fashion sectors, members of governments, cultural leaders, and inspirational people from many walks of life).
- Partner with speakers to edit and sharpen their talks into highly impactful, insightful narratives and storytelling
BoF Professional Summits - Quarterly
Each quarter, BoF curates The BoF Professional Summit for our community of paying members based in 125 countries around the world on a focused topic. Previous summits have focused on Sustainability, The Future of Physical Retail and Responsible Business.
- Identify, research and present content themes that will best resonate with our community
- Partner with Editor in Chief and wider team to ideate top speakers and contributors
- Plan and design agendas with an overall narrative and learning journey in mind
- Manage content generation process with speakers
- Host sections of the event, interview guests and/or moderate panels
- Partner with the events team to effectively realise the agenda in digital or physical format
BoF LIVE Events - Weekly
Our weekly events provide an opportunity for BoF Professional members to go deeper into our editorial content by showcasing the expertise of our editorial team and high-profile guest speakers
- Identify high-performing editorial content to translate into live virtual events
- Identify speakers and/or review speaker suggestions from the wider team
- Prepare talking points and write scripts
- Host panels or segments
- Collaborate with the events and multimedia teams to ensure timely and smooth content operations
The BoF Podcast - Weekly
The BoF Podcast is the most listened to fashion podcast in the world, having achieved more than 10 million downloads since its launch in 2016.
- Generate, develop and pitch ideas for BoF’s weekly podcast, leveraging industry knowledge and BoF’s editorial content
- Partner with the multimedia team to source, interview and record contributors
- Script and host episodes
Who you are
The Events and Multimedia Editor will have deep knowledge of the fashion industry, as well as a nuanced understanding of broader cultural trends and global currents. You will be an exceptional individual contributor, whilst also able to work collaboratively and cross-functionally to ensure the end result is produced smoothly.
Outside of that, you will have the following skills to set you up for success:
- Previous experience of hosting multimedia content or moderating events
- A proven track record of developing event agendas and multimedia content
- Impeccable writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong judgment of the fashion news cycle and what the industry is talking about — or should be talking about
- A passionate approach to your creative work, whilst also being pragmatic about business needs and objectives
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, high performance under pressure and a strong sense of accountability
- Willingness to occasionally work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of a global news cycle
You’ll know you’re successful when…
Events and multimedia projects are of the highest quality and delivered in a timely manner
Events and multimedia receive outstanding feedback from our community and deliver on key performance metrics