We are looking for a dynamic writer to help communicate our brand story and create engaging narratives around our products. Reporting to Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for daily copywriting and pushing the brand forward through engaging writing that inspires the customer across all Malone Souliers touchpoints.
- Responsible for copy projects from start to finish.
- Collaborate with Marketing, eCom and Design team to establish seasonal stories.
- Write copy for daily business, including seasonal campaigns, site refresh, weekly emails, digital marketing, social media, blog and product descriptions pages. Digital copy will be the primary focus of this role.
- Develop copy for marketing and printed collateral, including new store openings, events, pop-ups, invites, signage, print, VIP customer, packaging, wholesale partnerships, etc.)
- Sub-edit copy across all channels, providing constructive feedback to the team as needed.
- Pitch and write stories for the online blog section and integrate content into eCommerce and social media. Ideate other ways to syndicate content.
- Support special projects and initiatives (ex: a fashion show, special product launches, etc.)
Qualifications and Experience
- Native English speaker with excellent written and verbal skills, including a strong grasp of spelling and grammar
- Educated to degree level with a background in Journalism, Creative Writing, Marketing, or fashion-related subjects
- 4-6 years of experience as a copywriter. Have worked in a content/journalism role previously in an eCommerce/fashion environment (may include internships).
- A strong writer with an editor's mindset who knows when, why and how to shift tone for different marketing platforms.
- Have a thorough understanding of content creation and branding, with various styles depending on the project and channel.
- Detail driven. Highly organised, with attention to the little things
- Creative problem-solving: flexibility to balance editorial and business needs
- An excellent communicator and have great interpersonal skills with the ability to form strong working relationships and thrive working as a team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently at pace to a very high standard, managing workload to strict deadlines
- Aware of fashion trends and brand knowledge. You will be up to date with trends and constantly looking for opportunities for this to inspire your work.
The above tasks are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job description. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required to fulfill this vacancy, but are a guideline on the type of expertise needed for this role.
Malone Souliers is a small but very fast growing Company and all personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.