Director of Public Relations and Marketing
Scotch & Soda is seeking a passionate fashion, social media savvy professional to develop and execute all PR and Marketing brand activities in the North America market. This person would build brand awareness via editorial placement, celebrity/influencer strategies and storytelling in the consumer and business space, organize events and drive traffic to all distribution channels.
- Collaborate with the HQ team in Amsterdam in developing cohesive PR strategy for the North American market
- In charge of all magazine, television, and online placements
- Facilitate all sample requests and product pulls
- Facilitate all influencer / VIP seeding
- Distribute press releases and pitch product launches, collection stories and event information
- Create and maintain media lists and editorial calendars
- Compile weekly and monthly recaps as well as contribute to quarterly and annual reports
- Work with LA-based VIP team for all celebrity product placement
- Plan and pitch press & VIP opportunities
- Maintain and build direct relationships with key press contacts, opinion makers and industry figures
- Bi-annual press presentations in NYC and LA
- Work with internal and external social media team/agencies to develop blogger/social media influencer strategy
- Press release writing - Ensure all communications align with corporate brand positioning
- Monitor and report competitor activity and relevant industry trends
- Create comprehensive and integrated digital marketing materials to support company-wide initiatives including annual events, seasonal promotions, and ad hoc promotions.
- Develop marketing and event strategies to drive traffic to all consumer distribution channels – retail, wholesale and ecommerce
- Develop and manage customer loyalty programs
- Trade show support
- Execute strategies within each distribution channel to improve performance and grow sales
- Ensure a cohesive marketing message across all customer touch points.
- Co-develop and co-execute Social Media strategy across all social platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Manage and execute consumer-facing events and marketing activations across 40+ retail locations
- Manage annual budgets across all channels including PR, wholesale and retail brand marketing
Desired Skills and Experience
Passion for fashion He hasn’t been able to articulate quite what he wants but I know he’s looking for a certain charisma, maturity level (not based on age), in house fashion brand experience and not particularly agency experience, and well connected and networked.
- Well Connected and networked
- Be a great ambassador and live the brand
- Excellent Fashion, Media and Lifestyle relations
- Minimum 5 year PR/Marketing management experience
- Have the ability to innovate and excite
- The ability to take the road less traveled and going beyond current trends
- Budget management
- Ability to work in fast paced/entrepreneurial environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Determination to succeed in a high pressure environment
- Capable of adapting to quickly changing circumstances, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work well under pressure and prioritize
- Able to recognize success as well as failure and being able to learn both individually and collectively from past experiences, retaining best practices.
- Have the ability to take responsibility for results
- Degree in Communications, Marketing or similar field preferred