We are looking for a talented In-House Artist to join our vibrant team in London on a full-time basis; from art to design, you will be very flexible. The role is multi-faceted and will require a large degree of independence, creativity and innovation.
Who we are. We are an innovative art-led business. As a brand we create intricate and decorative artworks, which we print onto silk garments and sell in Selfridges, Harrods and Net-a-Porter.
The Role. The primary focus of the role is to produce high quality artworks and visual communications. You should be very experienced and have a proven track record in these areas. You should also be motivated and creative, with a keen entrepreneurial spirit. The role will be comprised of two key functions, commercial and fine art.
- You will help to design the prints and graphics for our extensive range of collections, including menswear, womenswear and interiors
- You will be involved in communicating the collections through a number of innovative methods. This includes: creating graphics, interesting visuals, generating ideas and building a strong aesthetic that reflects our brand; whilst working to specific briefs for varied target audiences, including the press, customers and buyers
- You will generate original content to put on our platforms, from illustrations to animations
Fine Art Aspect:
- You will be able to generate relevant and interesting art project ideas, such as turning our prints and graphics into animations and moving images, engaging multimedia to present our works, proposing concepts and themes for exhibitions, etc, in the realms of art, science, and fashion.
- For the ideas initiated, you will work closely with our in-house design team and outside collaborators to further research, develop and execute these ideas, pushing our endeavour to become an art-led brand.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ideally, you will hold a degree in either Graphic Design, Illustration, Fine Art or Visual Communications
- You are, first and foremost, a brilliant artist
- You must possess an artistic eye, whilst also being incredibly technologically savvy
- You are able to function well under pressure and tight deadlines; capable of prioritising time to handle your workload and to meet deadlines
- You need to have mastered the Adobe Suite. Strong skills in After Effects would be desirable, as animation skills are important.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and portfolio, along with a covering letter explaining why you believe you are suitable for the role to email@example.com.
Please note that applications without a portfolio submission will not be considered.
Due to the high number of applications expected, only successful candidates will be contacted.