Emilia Wickstead is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Design Assistant to support the design team across all stages of the design process.
The design team is responsible for conceptualisation, research and development of the RTW Womenswear collection from design and sample creation to product development.
This fantastic opportunity includes working directly with the Creative Director and the Senior Designer on all aspects on the collection design process.
The right candidate will be a confident user of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and have a keen eye for research, attention to detail and some experience in fabric developments.
Main responsibilities include:
- Work directly with Senior Designer and Creative Director through all aspects of the design process. From initial research and design stages, fabric development, fittings to the finished product. Supporting the team with the co-ordination of the day-to-day activities.
- Carry out research and design development based on the Creative Director’s concept and brief for the season or project.
- Work closely with the senior Designer on inspiring and innovative designs that will be sketched up and put into development each season presenting bold and new ideas.
- Develop fabrications and prints based on the brief or the season. Also, maintain fabric archive up-to-date and assist in fabric sourcing for all projects.
- Create accurate and detailed CAD of all styles for all products and ensuring fit amendments are reflected in CAD designs after every fitting.
- Prepare and support fitting sessions.
- Build and updating visual overviews as changes are made with accurate coloured up CAD and ensuring these are communicated to relevant departments.
- Create visual presentation with CAD designs and moodboards for various capsules for internal and external use. A high attention to detail and flair in visual presentation skills is required
- Assist in photoshoots, Runway/ presentation show styling and runway shows.
-Assist in developing shoes and knitwear. Communicate the initial ideas and prototype feedback to factory, ensuring samples are delivered on time.
- Maintaining and keeping the design boards updated and organised, as well as the digitized versions.
Requirements for the Role:
- At least 2 years’ experience in Luxury Womenswear Design role
- Highly skilled in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.
- Strong fabric knowledge
- Enthusiasm for research and design
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to take initiative and to prioritise work tasks
Please apply with CV and Portfolio.