Head of Finance / Financial Controller
Who We Are
NADINE MERABI is Luxury Ready To Wear, unmistakable pieces to inspire lasting moments. Based in the heart of Manchester, UK - experiencing huge global growth, we are now searching for the best talent in the industry as Team MERABI grows.
NADINE MERABI was designed out of necessity and created by a woman with a vision. Nadine Merabi is a self-taught seamstress, driven by the desire to create luxury, forward-thinking and conscious fashion where she saw a space in the industry. Partnered by Blue Wilson, an innovative International Business graduate, Nadine and Blue are trailblazers for the future of fashion.
From the initial spark of inspiration to the very final stitch, the team ensures that every woman in MERABI looks and feels her finest. Today their collections are adored by clients, celebrities and dress some of the most influential people in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make their mark at a fast-paced, luxury global fashion brand.
Where the Head of Finance / Financial Controller fits:
As Head of Finance you’ll be responsible for leading everything financially for our business. You’ll be required to produce all financial reporting, budgets, forecasts and all tax requirements along with managing our R&D claims.
This is a hands-on role that will require your support at a top level, but also get stuck in with the day to day operations of all our financial requirements. Things move quickly at MERABI so you’ll be required to work at a fast pace. This is a senior position within the business and you’ll work closely with the MD and all Directors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the financial department including our bookkeeping and grow, nurture and develop the team along with the business needs.
- Ownership and regular review of balance sheets ensuring financial compliance and controls are met and that issues are dealt with.
- Financial Planning and analysis to deliver efficient annual business plans and quarterly reforecasts.
- To understand the business needs for cashflow, where we are headed, & how we can continue to run an efficient model.
- Production of monthly management accounting, financial reports and annual statutory accounting.
- Production of month-end analysis.
- Build and nurture banking and financial relationships for the business.
- Managing all financial systems and processes within the business, constantly finding better, more efficient and effective ways to do things.
- Responsibility of all financial reporting including monthly management accounts, financial KPIs, balance sheet, cash flow & working capital.
- Management of all VAT, PAYE, corporation and other tax requirements globally including ownership of relationships with local auditors.
- Oversea the payroll.
- Manage all R&D claims.
- Use skills, knowledge and experience to add value throughout the whole business, by suggesting improvements to processes and procedures, and where appropriate implementing those suggestions.
- Supporting senior management in the business manage their divisions and budgets through insightful and timely reporting of KPIs
- Make payments for the business and manage all banking transactions.
- Support with financial planning and offer advice in making strategic decisions. Recommend changes within the wider business to ensure we are always moving forward and mitigating any risks
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years experience in a similar position.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Intermediate or advanced MS Excel and IT skills (familiarity with graphs, VLOOKUPS and Pivot tables preferable)
- Strong communications skills, including good written English and the ability to confidently explain financial information to non-financial stakeholders
- Experience in managing senior stakeholders and applying a commercial mindset
- Ability to self-manage and organise, given competing deadlines and priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Confident, assertive, and proactive, with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels. You will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results
- Staff management experience is essential, with effective management skills and the desire to manage a team
- Strong team player, works collaboratively to achieve results
Values & Behaviours
We know that the right people are our most valuable asset. We strive to hire excellent people to nurture and develop within our business to grow with us for the long run. We hire, invest and promote people that demonstrate our values through their daily behaviours.
- You generate positive energy and energise others.
- You are a problem solver, are always solution orientated with a can do attitude.
- You’re a grafter - no task is too big or small for you, you’ll get stuck in whatever you need to.
- You drive your projects forward with intensity and are committed to driving-results collaboratively, we bring ideas to life in weeks rather than months.
- You get, give and encourage candid feedback so we can get better at what we do.
- You interact with mutual respect, cooperative, caring and helpful behaviour.
- You don't live in a world of good enough - you live in a world where we can do better and expect excellence from yourself and your teammates every day.
What’s in it for you
- Regular team socials
- Opportunity to travel with work
- Weekly free P.T and Meditation sessions
- Flexible working opportunity
- Generous staff discount on all MERABI products
- Dedicated days to furthering skills and personal development
- Work as a part of a unique and rapidly growing team
- Opportunity to make your mark in a globally known and expanding company
NADINE MERABI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.