Lingua Franca is looking for a creative and analytical individual to join our team as E-Commerce Manager. In this role, you will facilitate all site optimizations, monitor and manage on-site product stock, and play an integral role in site design and development. The E-Commerce Manager must successfully infuse all facets of our website with Lingua Franca’s brand identity, unique voice, esthetic and story.
We are looking for positive energy and a “can-do” attitude, someone who can wear multiple hats and who knows their individual strengths and weaknesses. We are a small (but quickly growing) company committed to fair trade, ethical labor practices, and the highest environmental standards. We are proud to use our brand as a platform to inspire change and aim to fill this role with an individual who is excited to grow with us!
- Manage all facets of company’s website including, but not limited to: copy, product and brand information, imagery, SEO optimization, design, layout, organization and overall site functionality.
- Monitor and measure site performance, identify areas of underperformance and develop strategies for improvement (increase traffic, improve site speed, optimize navigation, increase checkout conversion, etc).
- Collaborate with the Customer Service team to optimize customer experience, and develop informed decisions on content, functionality and layout across the site.
- Manage site navigation, search, categories, filters and product placement by creating a data-driven merchandising strategy.
- Manage all backend apps and integrations with a constant eye toward identifying issues before they arise.
- Work with Design team to generate innovative, compelling concepts and copy for the website.
- Ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content prior to launch dates.
- Manage and coordinate projects on the company workspace platform, delegating what will be needed for product launches across different departments.
- Manage SKU creation and product data entry in Brightpearl and Shopify.
- Work with Design and Product teams to stay knowledgeable on product development, product delivery dates, and any upcoming product changes.
- Coordinate product photography and any other visual asset needs with Design team.
- Ensure that products are well merchandised to ensure a clear and engaging customer experience and maximize sales opportunities.
- Ensure inventory availability in advance of planned site launches, updates, marketing campaigns and promotional activity.
- Work with Production team to ensure the product introduction calendar meets the needs of the e-Commerce channel; maximize profit contribution of e-Commerce channel through effective management of stock and accurate forecasting of sales.
- Manage, monitor and troubleshoot inventory-related issues.
- Report selling data for newly launched products on a weekly basis.
- Report 3rd party consignment sales on a monthly basis.
- Report stock values to Accounting team on a monthly basis.
- Customer-centric with a natural interest in understanding consumer behavior and improving user experience; ability to spearhead initiatives to improve our understanding of the customer.
- Digitally minded with a deep appreciation for brand story and imagery and an eye for creative campaigns and curated messaging.
- Proven ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; ability to multi-task and react to shifting priorities while adhering to deadlines.
- Superb verbal, written, and digital communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills that are adaptable and predicated on mutual respect.
- Comfortable and flexible within a dynamic “roll up your sleeves” start-up environment, with a desire to develop and scale the role as the business grows.
- 3+ years of professional experience in fast-paced, growth-oriented direct to consumer environments.
- Experience with analytics platforms and web traffic reporting (Google Analytics, Shopify Analytics).
- In depth knowledge of Shopify, Shopify POS, and Shopify App integrations required.
- Experience with Klaviyo preferred.
- Experience with Brightpearl or similar omnichannel retail management systems preferred.
- HTML knowledge desired though not essential.
Lingua Franca is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.