POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Wholesale Planner oversees the creation and maintenance of weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual merchandise plans and forecast. They hold full responsibility for continually analyzing business results and producing sales/inventory forecasts in order to capture upside potential and minimize sales risk. Highly focused on the development of business strategies to maximize sales profitability. Strongly collaborates with the Sales team. The Wholesale Planner reports directly to the Director of Merchandise Planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform master planning bookings updates (analysis of bookings vs. plans)
- Partner with account managers on the creation of a merchandise financial plan.
- Creation of annual budget – plan monthly purchases and account support by delivery and customer.
- Develop, maintain and update tools, reports, etc., to support the business and complete ad hoc reporting as needed to drive or react to the current or future business needs.
- Rigorously analyze all sales data/trend/results utilizing all tools available (POS, Traffic counters, KPIs, Event results, CRM, etc.) to provide productive financial sales plans and forecasts
- Assist Buyers and Design Team in developing assortment plans based on store group profiles and recommend SKU amendments nationally, regionally or by time period
- Drive the formulation and profitable execution of forecasting, planning, and inventory management for any replenishment programs
- Analyze historic performance, trends and previous sales strategies to identify, communicate and create plans to address areas of opportunity or risk in current plans and provide solutions to Senior Management
- Ad hoc analysis with conclusions and action plans as requested by senior management and cross functional teams
- Establish best practices and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Travel to assist Sales team in all market appointments four times a year
- Analyze weekly, monthly, and seasonal retail selling vs. LY and account plans
- Distribute and review monthly/seasonal locational and market share analysis
- Collect & review profitability updates from accounts and review with account managers
- Partner with external account partners on the creation of pre-season plans (location plans & 6 month flows)
- Provide Account Managers with seasonal hindsight reports in preparation for market
- Support Account Managers throughout market providing analysis, taking notes, and creating order sheets
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
- Some travel throughout the domestic United States for market
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours to support the business need
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Leadership – Must be able to work well with and influence others at all levels within organization to be successful.
- Strategic Problem Solving & Decision Quality- Must be able to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results: with strong proficiency in math
- Risk Management- Anticipates risk and identifies contingency plans and processes to prevent disruption when risks occur
- Results Oriented & Solution Oriented
- Accurate, Detail Oriented and Thorough
- Strong Organizational and Time Management skills
- Self-starter – Results driven go-getter who thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Easily adaptable and willing to put on multiple hats when needed.
- Communication – Must have excellent listening, verbal, written and presentation skills and is effective in a variety of presentation settings including; one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and supervisors
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3- 5 years in Merchandise Planning (apparel and luxury highly preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; Pivot Tables and VLookup functions
- Advanced retail math/data analytical skills
- Other computer programs: NSB, Movex, Crystal - desirable, but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Standing, walking, and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift
· Required to lift, move, and carry up to 10 pounds
· Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
· Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
· Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
· Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms