Merchandise Planner EMEI, London
Overview and purpose of role:
As a Merchandise Planner at Christian Louboutin, you will be part of the EMEI Merchandising & Planning team and will have a various range of tasks. You will report to the Planning Director EMEI and your role is a key support function to the team, managing the stock level across EMEI.
Your 3 mains missions will be:
- Stock management and projection
- Drive and maximize the Outlet business
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support Merchandising and suggest actions to maximize the business and optimize the level of stocks
Key Responsibilities of role:
Stock management and forecast
Follow-up on a monthly basis the evolution of total EMEI stock :
- Understand its evolution, month on month
- Build stock projection according to buys, ST projected, permanent forecasts…
- End of life management : Define stock actions and present to top management during validation meetings
- Manage the stock cleaning after each markdown campaign in line with the Group guidelines, deciding for each SKU between the different channels with Buying and Merchandising team and the appropriate timeline for exit: Outlet, Friends & Family Sales and Destruction
Manage the outlet business – Assortment and allocation
- Prepare monthly sales plans by product department, analyzing and forecasting the relevant stock levels needed to achieve sales target and optimize the margin
- Elaborate Outlet assortment across all product categories by month
- Allocate products on a weekly basis based on assortment strategies and sales results, collaborating with the Outlet store Team and the Logistic Manager
- Manage stock level inventories and replenishment based on sales performance
- Work hand in hand with the Buying & Merchandising Team to review and gain an understanding of the buying strategy for the Retail stores & prepare in advance future outlet assortment
- In collaboration with the Finance team, work on the ideal pricing strategy and markdown campaign to maximize stock level and margin
Reporting & Business actions
- Plan for in store markdown sales twice a year, and follow their performance by store and category
- Elaborate Outlet reports on results & KPI’s
- Conduct weekly sales & stock analysis by product division and category and at SKU level
- Provide to the Outlet Team regular analysis and communication of performance to maximize commercial opportunities and ensure that our team is focused on those opportunities
- Coordinate with Visual Merchandising Teams in store set up to match product push in order to achieve targeted sales
- Organize and deliver in-store product training to present new products/collections focused on outlet stock
- Perform Outlet visits on a regular basis to gather inputs on business trends, maintain awareness of competitors' performance and price positioning, and provide feedback in order to exploit business opportunities
This list is non-exhaustive and could evolve depending on the team needs.
Skills and Requirements:
In order to deliver the main responsibilities of the role, you will need the following skills:
- A degree in a business-oriented subject, with minimum 5 years’ experience in planning or merchandising
- Strong Excel and presentation skills, and analytical mindset.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously
- Fluent in English
- Adaptable and flexible. Must be comfortable with change and willing to adapt as required to the needs of the business.
- Effective time management skills. Must be punctual and reliable, able to perform tasks within the required timeframes.
- Passionate about the brand, with a strong sense of fashion.
- Strong communication skills, able to clearly explain their findings and pose relevant questions.
- Motivated and committed with a ‘can do’ positive attitude. Able to meet the demands with high energy levels.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and willing to perform varied tasks depending on the needs of the business. Proactive, dynamic and have a willingness to learn and develop.
- Open-minded to diversity internally and externally – ready to work with different people and to serve different types of customers with respect and without bias.
- Passionate about his/her own career development and self-awareness of areas of improvement.
How will success be measured?
You will have objectives and we expect you to be curious, to stick to company processes and culture and to achieve on time and efficiently your goals.
We expect you to anticipate and rise to any difficulty you could have before it starts to be a problem.
Your manager will be expected to provide you with ongoing appropriate feedback to support your improvement where necessary and appropriate as required.
Our business and our Values:
Christian Louboutin opened his first boutique in Paris in 1992. An artist and craftsman with a true passion for shoes, his designs are unique and instantly recognizable, thanks in part to their signature and now trademarked red lacquered soles. The collections for both men and women combine wit, glamour, elegance and technical proficiency like no other. 2014 welcomed the launched of Christian Louboutin Beaute with its first nail colour, Rouge Louboutin. The collection has continued to diversify since then with the launch of lip in 2015, fragrance in 2016 and more recently a wonderful eye collection in 2017. With an extensive range of collections, Christian Louboutin now counts more than 130 boutiques globally.
Our people are at the heart of our brand.
We celebrate individualism and allow the freedom to have autonomy and creativity within your role. Our colleagues have in common passion and dedication to our Brand, and its continued success.
We live by our values: We are down to earth – we stand with authenticity, integrity and respect. We have passion – we drive the business with agility and care and we are committed to excellence. We have happiness in all that we do – As a team player, we collaborate with positivity, open-mindedness and fun. We work with inspiration – we envision the future with confidence, creativity and freedom.
If the shoe fits, walk with us…
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Maison Christian Louboutin is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruitment practices that do not discriminate against any job applicant because of their race, color, gender, age, nationality, culture(s), religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We believe that a culture of diversity and individuality fosters our core values we listed above. So, if you also share this mindset and these values and you dream of coloring your soles red as part of the Louboutin adventure, please join us!
By submitting your CV and application information to Christian Louboutin UK Ltd for the above role, you hereby consent to be contacted by email and/or by telephone in relation to this recruitment process by the HR, Northern Europe Team.
Christian Louboutin UK Ltd respects your privacy and your desire to understand how your information will be handled and used. For more information on our how we collect, use and store your information, please refer to our Privacy Notice: http://eu.christianlouboutin.com/uk_en/policy