Desmond & Dempsey is a brand dedicated to celebrating life at home. We started by making really fancy pyjamas. We sell our pyjamas predominantly through our website and in the top retailers around the world (places like Selfridges and Net-a-Porter).
We’re looking for a graphic designer slash creative legend to join our studio. Your role will be to help visually bring the brand to life across all our channels. From creating designs for weekly emails to devising graphic ‘worlds’ around new collection launches and collaborations, you will bring out the beauty, humour and authenticity of the brand in everything we do.
In this role you will
- Develop and design digital assets to be used across all D&D channels
- Create work that consistently reflects the brand values and visual identity; you will have a deep understanding of what is or isn’t ‘D&D’ and be able to respond to projects and campaigns accordingly
- Input your own creative ideas and commercial thinking, as well as interpreting and implementing the creative director and content head’s creative vision
- Help develop the brand’s visual identity as we update the website and brand documents
- Create graphic worlds for new collections and collaborations including lookbooks, emails and social layouts
- Mock-up home pages and landing pages for new collection launches and prepare the assets for upload
- Create animations and gifs for social adverts and email campaigns
- Make selects from ecommerce and campaign shoots to use across different channels
You will need to
- Possess strong design principles, an eye for detail and the ability to combine commerciality and creativity in all the work you produce
- Have an epic creative portfolio showing a sensitive, sophisticated and imaginative approach to visual design
- Have experience creating digital assets for different channels
- Have an ability to work on a range of projects at one time
- Be well organised, a stickler for detail and have excellent time management skills
- 4+ years proven graphic design experience at a luxury fashion brand or as part of an editorial team
- A serious pro in Adobe Suite including after effects
- Experience in video editing and post-production processes (colour correction, grading, exporting, and compressing to various specs)
- Experience and confidence working on digital platforms (ie, Shopify, Squarespace, Klaviyo)
Nice to have
- Experience behind the camera (ideally both on still or video)
- Competitive salary
- Good holiday allowance
- Flexible remote working and sleep hours.
- Excellent career opportunities at a fast-growth company
- Fancy Pyjamas forevermore.
Why join D&D?
- We really care about making great things, whether it's pyjamas, videos or ads. We value and prioritise creativity
- We are a small team but growing quickly, so it’s still got the hands dirty muck in vibe, but lots of opportunities to develop with and in the team
- We want to see you do well and care about your development
- We have a really great team (everyone tends to stick around)
- Like any other growing business, it is stressful and hectic at times but we don’t take hard work for granted