Product Development Manager
Product Development Manager
Manages product development, guiding design development, pre-costing and sample management. Working pre-season in the product development cycle to support Design, Sourcing and Buying in marrying creative designs, innovation and technical capabilities with commercial and financial requirements. Understands brand vision and strategic imperatives, and work collaboratively to deliver prototypes against financial and calendar targets
- Partner with Design to deliver samples within costing parameters, while still achieving design integrity
- Drive costing efficiencies through understanding of Buyer line plan, sourcing constraints and Design vision
- Tech Pack Validation and Accuracy. Ensure Delivery of information to suppliers.
- Source, innovate and develop Fabrics and Print techniques across categories.
- Track Ratio of Digital and Screen Print whilst considering Price and MOQS.
- Track & manage product & print development ratios & drop rates within timelines.
- Track Margin and Costings considering Print technique, fabrication and allocation.
- Support design on new category development & innovation
- Ensure prototypes are deliverable to key dates. Manage Fits, Margins and turnaround of product ready for Form.
- Sample Management
- Innovate and ensure Sustainable fabric development.
- Develop and Manage Supplier relationships
- Continuously review and create efficiencies in end to end processes.
- Innovation of materials and fabrics, with a focus on sustainability
- Intake Margin (shared with Sourcing, Buying)
- On-time delivery of key GTM milestones associated with materials, print and product development targets,
- Development ratios relative to the range plan needs
- On time sample delivery
- Sample budget management, in partnership with Buying
- BOM validation completion in timely manner
- Must have solid knowledge of products, categories and a strong mindset of sourcing strategy with the best interest of the brand
- Degree level qualifications.
- Proven industry experience in product development.
- Understanding of the manufacturing process, capabilities and materials.
- A strong understanding of the development process, including the impact of costings and target margins.
- Solid knowledge of technical specifications
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator preferred
- Basic computer (MS Office) proficiency.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Organised and efficient – ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Good communication skills with experience of liaising with different internal and external parties.
- Highly self-motivated with a good capacity to work well with a team and build relationships across departments.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.