SENIOR MANAGER EXPERIENCE
Are you our next Senior Manager Experience? We’re looking for someone to join our Innovation team, to create the strategy for Experience, across the Innovation project portfolio. Someone who wants to be part of a team that lifts each other up; a team that fails together and celebrates together. Someone who likes each day to be different, the challenge of doing things differently, and the freedom to figure things out for themselves. We work hard, sure, but we have a laugh while we do it.
We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community, and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
WE HIRE PEOPLE.
Real-life humans, each with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities and a background and body that is completely individual. Together, all these unique humans make Gymshark stronger.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably applying for or considering applying for a job with us, and we want you to know that Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. For us, that means we always, and will always, strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of employment and that we do not, and will not, tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Sound like you? Here’s the role up close:
As a Senior Manager Experience you will provide technical expertise to guide the research activity and outputs within Experience, impacting the consumer by contributing to a world-leading experience when they interact with the Gymshark ecosystem. You will live and breathe the ecosystem, by managing the deliverables of a multi-disciplinary team, covering the areas of cognitive science, 3D animation and integrated technologies. You will thrive in a space where data is king, ensuring that all innovations are backed by high quality science and knowing application of technology.
You'll also be:
- Responsible for creating and executing the strategy of Experience, across the Innovation project portfolio.
- Driving the execution of applied research and development, aimed at delivering experience insights which will support leading innovations.
- Providing expert input on Experience topics, particularly in the area of using 3D animation to translate movement and emotion to a screen, with key outputs on the visual impact of the innovation in question.
- Leading, coaching and inspiring a growing team of experts, to deliver across the Experience workstream of the Innovation function.
- Providing day to day support to your direct reports, giving them clear direction on their responsibilities, objectives, development plan, checking in regularly to ensure they are delivering against these areas.
- Analysing opportunities, risks, strengths and weaknesses as they relate to the Experience strategy and the Gymshark ecosystem.
- Responsible for scoping out impactful programmes of research and development, while motivating a multi-disciplinary team to execute against plans.
- Creating and delivering timelines for internals and externals to follow, to ensure projects are successfully delivered.
- Closely aligning with counterparts across the Innovation function, to ensure clear alignment and delivery.
- Identifying the best partners globally, to drive high quality science and technology within the team and deliver impactful outcomes for consumer experience innovations.
- Continually assessing our Experience toolkit, ensuring it enables market-leading and forward-thinking outputs.
- Working collaboratively across the Innovation function, and in particular the 3D Creation colleagues within the Product Innovation Team, taking on the responsibility for efficiently managing Experience projects with key strategic business objectives.
What you'll need:
- Proven experience of developing and implementing at a strategic level and formulating operational plans.
- Proven experience in 3D animation, where you will have used technical and design skills to breathe life into digital creations.
- Holding at least a Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, computer graphics, animation, or a related field would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in using software to create animated characters, graphics and scenes using industry-standard applications.
- To be versed in a variety of industry-standard applications, such as Maya, MotionBuilder, Mudbox, FBX, 3ds Max, ZBrush, Premiere, After Effects and Cinema 4D.
- Line management experience, including developing and growing a high-performing team.
- To be self-motivated, proactive, and pragmatic, able to steer complex projects to success.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues, translating complex concepts into simple terms where required.
- To be agile to change and pragmatic, you'll be a collaborative team player and be comfortable working in a high pressure, fast paced environment, where identifying needs, providing solutions and adding value is a prerequisite
- Excellent influencing skills, with experience of influencing senior stakeholders, including C level executives.
- Knowledge of external trends and best practice in the areas of expertise and innovation more broadly.
- Natural ability to create options under pressure, ask the right questions and help grow innovative ideas
When normal office working resumes, our expectation would require candidates to attend to travel to GSHQ, Solihull, UK, occasionally.
Competitive 'Win Together, Lose Together' Bonus
Full private medical insurance with no excess
25 days holidays + your birthday and all the bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
A truly flexible working culture
A collaborative, creative, and inspiring working environment
Employer pension contributions up to 7%
Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
50% Gymshark Discount & Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
Choice of hardware and access to the best software
Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS CAMPUS PERKS.
Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership
Free monthly massages
Beauty and Barber facilities
Free on-site parking