Senior People Ops Manager
Lyst is on a mission to create the leading platform every fashion shopper uses to decide what to buy. We’re building the definitive fashion shopping app, and as part of this we have ambitious plans to create a unique content offering that thrills fashion lovers. Our search and discovery platform connects over 100 million shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, providing a simple and engaging experience, whatever their fashion shopping mission.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Lyst is going through an exciting period of growth and we’re scaling fast! We’re seeking a Senior People Ops Manager to join us on this journey, to be instrumental in supporting our expanding team and helping us strengthen our culture.
We’re looking for an experienced and hands-on People Ops Manager, capable of delivering both strategic and operational objectives, and with a passion for optimising the employee experience to ensure Lyst attracts and retains top talent. You will have a proven track record of managing people operations on a day to day basis, with the ability to drive change and continuous improvement.
We’re a fast paced scale-up with ambitious and demanding growth plans. We face complex and challenging problems ahead, so a strong sense of tenacity, drive and optimism are essential qualities for this role. If you thrive off a sense of ownership and autonomy, this role will provide you with the opportunity to drive incredible impact and to accelerate your career.
The Senior People Ops Manager role will report into the VP People and lead a People Ops team of currently 3 people.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This role will focus on delivering work in the following areas:
- Lead the day to day People operations function and manage the People Ops team- ensuring accurate and efficient support is provided at all stages of the employee lifecycle.
- Support the VP People to define and deliver Lyst’s People Ops strategy and to identify a roadmap that supports the business in achieving its strategic mission.
- Contribute to, and support, complex and long term projects and streams of work with multiple stakeholders (including L-Team and CXO).
- Be an ambassador for our culture- embodying our values and behaviours and able to influence others to assimilate to our culture.
- Be a change agent across the business- promoting and enabling change to ensure we’re able to move forward with pace and continue delivering high impact.
- Embed fair and best practice methods for addressing employee relations issues, whilst acting as an escalation point for complex and significant employee relations cases.
- Continuously review approaches and ways of working to identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Provide trusted advice and coaching to managers across the business; supporting them to build high performance teams.
- Develop learning and development strategies that continue to embed our feedback culture, & performance management framework, to drive improved capability.
- Oversee Lyst’s internal comms framework, ensuring we build internal comms mechanisms and platforms that drive impact and stay true to our culture.
- Oversee reward & recognition; ensuring our compensation approach is effectively embedded, our reward mechanisms deliver impact and our benefits offering remains competitive and meaningful.
- Support our Social and Diversity Committee Chairs to deliver initiatives and plans that align to our culture and People Ops plans.
- Provide advice and support to the Talent Acquisition team as and when required, enabling them to attract and hire top talent.
- Provide strong leadership for the team- coaching them to grow and develop professionally and to deliver exceptional work that drives progress against the People Ops strategy.
- Ambition and drive! You’ll have a desire for high autonomy and accountability.
- Previous experience of working in a high-growth technology environment, ideally with experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven experience of partnering with senior managers with the ability to quickly build strong and trusted relationships.
- An agent of change; you’re constantly seeking to identify improved and smarter ways of working that drive efficiency and results.
- You have the rare combination of strong commercial acumen and deep empathy for individuals, allowing you to resolve tricky people situations while staying true to Lyst’s culture and values.
- You’re exceptionally well-organised and can move long-term projects forward while also juggling immediate priorities.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and continuous change and have a track record of making an impact in these environments.
- We want to build a world where fashion works for everyone, and we want teams that are just as inclusive. Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we are held to account. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.
- Flexible working: Our flexible working approach offers a high degree of freedom and autonomy. Individuals are provided with the discretion to work remotely on a regular basis, with an expectation that a reasonable proportion of time is spent in the office to enhance in-person collaboration.
- You get 29 days' time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest, in addition to the 8 public bank holidays
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from the day that you start.
- Conferences and events. We’re big on learning, so all Lysters are allocated an individual training & development budget of £1,000.
- Enhanced family leave entitlements for both parents and carers
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Transport season ticket loans
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we are held to account. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.