Product Design Manager
Our mission 🚀
Lyst is on a mission to create the leading platform every fashion shopper uses to decide what to buy. Our search and discovery platform connects over 150 million shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, providing a simple and engaging experience, whatever their fashion shopping mission.
Our values ✊
Customer at the center of everything we do
Team of humble trusted owners
Your mission 😎
Product design plays a pivotal role in how we solve problems for our customers and build awesome products.
As a Design Manager you will manage, mentor and coach a team of product designers across multiple areas of the product portfolio, and roll your sleeves up to be an active contributor in design.
As a part of a cross functional and multidisciplinary team you will help to frame customer problems and design creative, compelling and delightful solutions that really connect our customers with the thing they love the most; fashion.
You will engage with, and help advance the standards, principles and best practice in, a range of design practices from prototyping to customer experience mapping. You will also empower your cross functional team to engage with design and bring them together in creating amazing products for our customers.
Some of the things you’ll be doing 🔧
- Directly manage 2 product designers in a growing product design team
- Influencing, interpreting and driving the product direction
- Understanding the problem you are trying to solve through user research and insights
- Manage and prioritise your work, and closely collaborate with product management
- Collaborate with the Director of Design in continuing the development of the design chapter at Lyst
- Be the confident voice of the customer in a supportive and empowering environment
- Have 3+ years practical management experience
- Care deeply about supporting the career development of your team
- Have solid experience in product or UX design
- Understand the interplay between business requirements, product strategy and user experience
- Be able to find the space between designing beautiful products and thinking lean
- Champion the customer at all costs, even if it means speaking out against convention
- Be humble but driven, and thrive in collaborative environments
- Know that being right isn’t the goal, and encourage input and feedback regularly
Bonus points for 🙌
- A degree in something creative or human focused, but we know experience means a lot so don’t worry if you don’t have one
- Experience working with large multidisciplinary teams with varying personalities
- Stakeholder management, project management and prioritisation
What you will get from us 👍
- A rich and rewarding work environment, where you are empowered and entrusted to make your own decisions and manage your own time, and will be supported no matter what your capabilities or experience
- We’re open and honest, and actively listen to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an awesome place to work
- You will have impact, your voice will be heard and your efforts will be rewarded
- You will have the support you need to progress in your career, no matter what path you decide to pursue
- Flexible working: Our flexible working approach offers a high degree of freedom and autonomy. Individuals are provided with the discretion to work remotely on a regular basis, with an expectation that a reasonable proportion of time is spent in the office to enhance in-person collaboration.
- You get 29 days' time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest, in addition to the 8 public bank holidays
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from the day that you start.
- Conferences and events. We’re big on learning, so all Lysters are allocated an individual training & development budget of £1,000.
- Enhanced family leave entitlements for both parents and carers
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Transport season ticket loans
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we are held to account. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.