Programmatic Display Account Manager
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search and Discovery Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
We are looking for a Programmatic Account Manager to join the partner marketing squad within the Supply Tribe. As a Programmatic Account Manager you will own, manage and lead all operational aspects of Display Advertising for Lyst including technical operations, direct deals, data and analytics, A/B testing and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have operated in complex commercial environments and will have experience on both the buy and sell sides of display advertising. You will be responsible for the publisher management on our O&O platforms to aid and improve on site monetisation. You will have analytical experience in a commercial context and be comfortable making purchasing and sales decisions.
- 4+ years programmatic display experience (agency or in house)
- Good understanding of programmatic advertising and various pricing models
- Managed campaigns either bought/sold programmatically via advertising exchanges, DSPs or SSPs
- Hands on experience working with and managing ad servers
- Clear demonstrable knowledge of digital and programmatic platforms and a comprehensive understanding of commercial opportunities in the programmatic digital media landscape
- Experience working very closely with internal stakeholders to guide on the product proposition, providing strategic insights and inputting on the product roadmap and the operational process from sales to delivery of campaigns
- Good knowledge of sales planning, order fulfilment, trafficking, order optimisation, pacing, platform troubleshooting and delivery reconciliation
- Experience using ad serving technology to be able to maximise campaign performance and efficiency. Hands-on experience on Google’s Ad Manager is a must.
- Able to troubleshoot from a technical perspective and successfully optimise campaigns from all buying channels to ensure great results and maximum revenue fulfilment
- Ability to clearly communicate complex and technical issues to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Smart, proactive, and a quick learner with organisational agility and strong attention to detail
- Track, report, and analyse campaign performance
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify opportunities and make purchasing decisions
- Ability to work independently, balance priorities and take initiative
- Flexible working: Our flexible working approach offers a high degree of freedom and autonomy. Individuals are provided with the discretion to work remotely on a regular basis, with an expectation that a reasonable proportion of time is spent in the office to enhance in-person collaboration.
- You get 29 days' time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest, in addition to the 8 public bank holidays
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from the day that you start.
- Conferences and events. We’re big on learning, so all Lysters are allocated an individual training & development budget of £1,000.
- Enhanced family leave entitlements for both parents and carers
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Transport season ticket loans
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we are held to account. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.