Communications Manager - Carolina Herrera New York (Fashion)
Assist PR Department with all PR, Event and VIP related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. The Director as necessary may assign other duties.
- Manage all global press requests across media platforms inclusive of editorial(print/digital) broadcast, VIP, and Influencers
- Oversee all dressing opportunities for brand, inclusive of branded events and all custom projects
- Build and execute plans for global celebrity/influencer activity to support new collections and align with all business categories (Beauty, Fragrance, CH Carolina Herrera)
- Inclusive of managing all global dressing with PUIG partners and external agencies
- Cultivate and manage all VIP/Influencer relationships to further support business goals and maximize brand exposure
- Manage the distribution of brand assets of new collections to international agencies and press publications; not limited to drafting/sending out press breaks related to brand news and VIP placement
- Support the Communications Director in the execution of press strategies, press releases and inspirations for initiatives/launches, new collections, and products
- Manage international PR agencies to ensure their needs are met and they have assets to maximize brand exposure in their respective markets
- Manage and maintain strong relationship on a day-to-day basis with media publications, editors, stylists, influencers, and members of the fashion community
- Support interview requests for Creative Director and all brand initiatives aligned with press strategy
- Manage seasonal duplicate order and fulfill in a timely manner for US and international markets
- Manage sample inventory and archival systems, while maintaining an organized system for press closet
- Act as a key liaison for wholesale/retail sample requests
- Manage press coverage reports, event recaps, brand assets and lists
- Maintain media contact lists of all relevant editors, stylists, VIP talent and influencers
- Provide PR support to international partners with samples during fragrance and beauty activations
- Inclusive of supporting license partnerships to follow up on project execution, logistics and collaterals, including sample management
RUNWAY SHOW/ PRE-COLLECTIONS
- Create seasonal invitation list for press activation and gifting
- Liaise with external teams for their respective lists: Wholesale, Retail, Int PR, PUIG, Institutional, etc
- Support Communications Director with scheduling during week for show partners (Production, Casting director, Music
producer, stylist, HMU)
- Oversee send outs for invitation
- Support CD with press pitches around collections and support in schedule interviews
REPORTING AND INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Manage Monitor/Format Monthly Editorial highlights
- Manage the yearly press/vip global report
- Support Weekly Press Requests and Credit Requests
- Support and manage internal Marketing & Communications Calendar.
- Support Event Recaps, when applicable
- Drafting and posting of Look book and key editorial highlights onto FB workplace
- Manage PR/VIP/Influencers budget and submitting all invoices for all department activities inclusive of managing expenses for department credit card
- Assist Communications Director in managing all interns for the department, including interviewing, and selecting interns, managing their schedules, and overseeing their on-going projects
- Manage Intern Projects
- Manage intern day to day activities, questions, concerns
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree required
- Strong organization and computer skills, including MS Office
- Strong network of media and stylist contacts
- Must be proficient in Fashion GPS
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, high level of accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Curiosity in fashion and industry a plus
Ideals and Principles Continually Strives for excellence in everything they do. Is willing and able to align own priorities with those of the organization. Can be trusted to act with integrity, honesty, and respect. Behaves in a way which is consistent with the culture, values and vision of Puig.
Foster Curiosity Has a thirst for knowledge. Is always interested to learn about the latest trends that could help improve the business. Is a natural learner who is always looking for new knowledge and experience. Is eager to understand the wider context in order to grow. Is intellectually curious, committed to finding ways to improve themselves, and actively seeks feedback.
Embrace Change Reacts positively to change. Supports change initiatives, can see when change is required, and initiatives it when needed. Sees change through themselves. Is flexible and open-minded and adapts well to new tasks or circumstances.
Drive for Results Motivated and passionate about working and achieving excellent results. Constantly delivers on commitments, even in the face of difficulties, and is optimistic and tenacious throughout. Takes end-to-end responsibility and continually looks for ways and means to improve performance.
Connect, Share, and Cooperate Builds appropriate, constructive, and effective relationships with colleagues. Shares information readily and proactively. Supports initiatives outside their immediate area if able. Doesn’t allow personal objectives to take priority over the team’s best interests. Gains trust of colleagues and is well-positioned to offer support and assistance when required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V