We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident, and creative individual experienced in creating Patterns from initial design through to Production.
The role will require you
- To work closely with the design team to create patterns predominantly for our UK Factories.
- To be able to translate what is workable for Production without compromising look of garment
- To be able to advise on the best construction techniques to use on a wide range of fabrics so a technical background of garment construction would be an advantage.
- To lead UK fit sessions and advise on any technical and fit problems, providing creative solutions. Sahara prides itself on its fit and so this will be one of the main focusses of the role.
- Check all graded specs before being sent to UK factories for Production. Advise on grading rules.
- To work closely with the Senior Garment tech in organising and conducting regular fit reviews each season to ensure that we are happy with the fit of our garments across the size range
- To use your own initiative to conduct reviews of our block patterns, to make sure our fit is in line with our Brand and current customer to compare our current fit to that of our competitors.
- Where necessary to educate the production team and off shore factories in best practice techniques for fit issues and in basic pattern cutting.
- To manage and organise the pattern library.
- To develop and maintain a company Block Library and use it as a reference point for styling detail and to assist with design efficiency.
- To be experienced in toile making so can experiment on ideas with design.
- To be able to anticipates issues, develop solutions to problems and make decisions that are effective and timely.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Be logical, calm and level headed
- Be able to cope with pressure
- Be a team player able to be flexible with changing priorities
Sahara is a fiercely independent, family and founder-run business founded in the 1970s with 16 own brand stores and over 150 wholesale stockists in the UK and overseas. Sahara creates collections for the free-spirited, independent woman. The Senior Designer position is based at Sahara’s HQ which is nestled in the leafy village of Primrose Hill on the edge of Camden Town.
We are the women of Sahara. We are unconstrained. Our adventurous spirit leads us beyond the High Street to destinations lesser known. For clothes that mean more. That add to the story of our lives.
We are unique. Try and pin us down, it doesn’t work. Label us and it won’t stick. We believe that demographics divide, age is just a state of mind and body type is what each one of us sees in the mirror.
We are leaders. Visionaries in our own right. Creative, passionate - and only ever underestimated once.