Photographer / Videographer with creative production experience
We are now looking for a creatively and commercially driven London based Photographer / Videographer with creative production experience, who is passionate about fashion, culture, art and the storytelling of our brand’s projects across all platforms – for digital and print.
You will be responsible for creating high quality cross platform imagery/video, ensuring the greatest aesthetic impact and storytelling in order to maximise sales and raise the company profile.
You will be responsible for shooting, creating and co-editing innovative content, product images, seasonal campaign, stories and lifestyle images, but also videos, with the main aim to keep our direct global customers engaged through our online and off-line platforms, supporting and growing the existing image of the Brand. For this role it is important you have creative production experience. We are a small independent company, and all our content gets managed and produced in-house. Thinking and moving fast is important for this role. Not being scared of experimenting is a must.
This role is part of Miista’s movement into lifestyle and our commitment to representation, dialogue and equality.
Working along with the creative team, you will be accountable for:
- Create high-end lifestyle, studio and marketing product images and story-telling imagery for use across the business.
- Produce content for the brand’s image database.
- Create story-telling images and videos for digital platforms, such as Newsletters, Website Banners and Social Media.
- Prepare promotional imagery across print and digital for the season.
- Execute look and feel across images and video on different platforms.
- Through imagery convey the unique selling points of the product to Miista customers, determining the best angle, view and lighting to ensure the images encourage sales of product.
- High level of proficiency in operation cameras, requiring highly competent framing and dynamic compositions.
- To confidently and competently operate different types of lighting equipment to capture imagery with the best possible technical and aesthetic standards.
Shoot planning and coordination
- Effective planning, production and implementation of shoots when required.
- Liaise with designers, the brand/creative director and the rest of creative team to develop briefs according to the content marketing timeframe and budget, facilitating image production within schedule and budget limitations.
- Conceive and pitch inspiring branded campaigns that translate Miista´s ideas into compelling content.
- To demonstrate an advanced level of organisational skills when planning shoots to ensure opportunities are maximised to create the highest possible standards of imagery and brand storytelling.
- Prepare creative lighting requirements for both still and moving imagery.
- To be flexible to travel on location in the UK and abroad.
- Liaise with production team on budgets and project feasibility
- A degree / HND qualified or equivalent in Art / Photography or a related discipline.
- Considerable and demonstrable creative experience in a photographic creative studio.
- Excellent knowledge of photographic / video equipment (cameras and lighting) used in a studio and location environments.
- A solid understanding of photographic genres, dynamic framing and use of color to enhance impact of creative imagery.
- Proficiency in lighting, depth of field and other composition techniques in order to consistently achieve and convey the required aesthetic result.
- Proficiency in software packages including Capture, Photoshop and image upload systems.
- Good videography skills.
- Good image retouching skills.
- Good video editing skills.
- Interest in working for a fashion brand.
- Natural ability to lead and influence others to achieve common goals.
- Good business acumen and a broad understanding of how a commercial retailer functions.
- Advanced communication skills and adept at building real relationships at all levels is essential.
- An interest in branding.
- A good understanding of the new ways consumers shop.
- Keen interest in art, design, culture and society trends is a must for this role.
- Knowledge of relevant creative partners, photographers, directors, artists, designers
- Keep up to speed with cultural trends and conversations
- PC/MAC fluency with design related programs.
- Competency with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and video editing software.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team-oriented individual with the ability to work with diverse partners in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. We always say two days are never the same at Miista, and we are not kidding.
If you can see yourself thriving in a role like this we’d love to hear from you. Please note you must be able to live in London to apply for this position.
You will be reporting into our Head of Brand/Creative director, and based in our East London Head Office.
As we are interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis, please send you application and CV as soon as possible.
Our Position: The Opposite Thing
Designed in London — Made in Spain — EU Sourced and Produced
Miista upends the exclusionary practices of the fashion industry to show how we’re actually living now. Over the last ten years we are proud to have built a brand that through craft, our community, the risks we’ve taken and a sometimes
bizarre willingness to laugh at ourselves, has made an elegant commitment to the alternative. A dedication to the opposite thing.
What does that mean? That we’re happy to sacrifice profit and to subvert problematic fashion trends for women to create a product that has personality in addition to aesthetic value. A product that knows women don’t really shop using the search words ‘pretty’ now. If we were your friend, Miista would be the odd one at school who grew up and got an attitude and a sense of confidence. You know when it’s a Miista.