Who We Are:
Backed by Macquarie Group, Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series D start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a Glossy 50 “Changemaker in the Fashion Industry” and a CTO from Google, JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have 180 employees in 11 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Melbourne, Tokyo and Shanghai. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services more than 12,500 brands and over 325,000 retailers in 144 countries, processing an incredible $1.5B in wholesale transaction volume each and every month. JOOR’s exclusive partners range from established luxury conglomerates such as LVMH, Kering, Richemont and Capri, to leading brands such as Stella McCartney, Valentino, Kate Spade, Tory Burch and Dr. Martens. Premier department stores including Neiman Marcus, Printemps and Harrods, as well as global digital retailers such as Ssense, Shopbop and Revolve, conduct their buying exclusively through JOOR.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you’ll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR is a great choice for you.
- We are building software that is transforming an industry
- Our industry-leading technology won an American Business (Stevie) Award
- We are global and rapidly growing
- We are one of the most diverse and inclusive tech companies
- We have been recognized as a break-out technology start-up driving innovation in the fashion & retail industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including: User Guides, Integration Implementation Guides, API Developer Guides.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with development and product support leads to identify all documentation repositories, and develop the best solution towards revising, editing, and consolidating all information into a centralized location.
- Research, create and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards and allow for easy data migration.
- Learn complex concepts, and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Develop content that has a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as a technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve the user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
Who You Are:
- You have a curious and flexible mind
- You like understanding the How and the Why
- You’re all about the details
- You can empathize with the users and stakeholders
- You are passionate about a culture that focuses on learning and teaching
What We Offer:
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company off-sites, Meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.