Procurement, approval and reconciliation of all raw materials used within a production seasonal collection. Working with an assistant and building strong relationships with external suppliers to ensure that the production critical path is kept to schedule. This role reports into the Production Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with mills and trim suppliers to ensure goods are suitable for production
- Work with development for upcoming seasons, familiarising oneself with collection, identifying potential risks and presenting solutions to overcome these.
- To Assist with Season Set up of Key documents: Critical Path
- To place fabric orders with Production Manager - follow through for order confirmation / delivery dates, update system & critical path. Ensuring bulk approval swatches are called in and approved in a timely manner.
- To approve strike offs for all over prints with design, sending approval comments to suppliers.
- To carry out initial check on print placement strike off, send approval comments and place bulk orders
- To calculate trim forecast and place trim orders / follow through for order confirmation / delivery dates, update system & critical path.
- To create care instructions seasonally and oversee ordering and printing of these
- To plan bulk send outs based on department priorities, updating the team of any changes there may be to deliveries in order for manufacturers to be informed.
- Using the Zedonk inventory system to monitor raw material arrivals and send outs. When sending bulk packages you must be aware of all re orders communicated to you and therefore send out the further required materials accordingly.
- To send fabric for testing as required and updating Logistics.
- To undertake stock take in studio & maintain stock level information on our system.
- Reconciling system, ensuring the book ins/outs are completed and discrepancies’ are being addressed.
- Ensure that stock items are being utilised at all times and minimising additional expenditures for the business
- Degree level or similar
- 3+ years of experience within an apparel or related industry
- Professional demeanor in the office and when handling outside contacts as well as motivated to make smart judgment calls for the company
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, who builds positive relationships both with internal and external contacts.
- Successful candidates must be able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Performing all duties with tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to combine challenges of working in a creative and spontaneous environment where each day is different
- Excellent organisation and time management skills while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, manage multiple deadlines and cope with heavy workloads.