Merchandising Work Placement
Merchandising Work Placement Intern -
Ideally suited for applicants studying for a Merchandising or Fashion Sales or Buying degree (or equivalent).This role is an Expensed Work Placement role reimbursing up to £10/day in Travel Expenses.
Owing to this applicants must be in tertiary education.
Summary of role and responsibilities:
- To support the Merchandising and Sales Teams and ensure administrative processes run smoothly and effectively.
- Administrative support to both Merchandising and Sales teams
- Helping to complete end of season performance analysis and lessons learnt with aid of Assistant Merchandiser
- Creating training packs with assistance from Sales Executive
- Assisting the sales team in preparation for markets
- Helping to manage returns and repairs
- Working on global competitor analysis and creating detailed reports
- Carrying out ad hoc analysis to support Merchandising functions e.g. specific product analysis, sizing or colour analysis, promotional analysis
- Assisting with day-to-day office duties
- Maintaining all administrative records under instruction from the Merchandising Manager.
- Ensuring that when samples arrive quality-control and a quantity stock check is taken and recorded with all relevant parties informed.
- Assisting in quality evaluations of samples and quality of final product.
- Identifying latest trends, development and innovations as instructed by the Merchandising Manager.
- Liaising with the Design, Production, Product Development, Retail and Sales teams.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Sound commercial acumen and a genuine interest in fashion
- Be motivated by an ambition to develop a career in Merchandising or Sales
- Great attention to detail and teamwork attitude
- Knowledge in Excel, Word and PowerPoint is a must