Category Manager, Vintage - HODINKEE Shop (NYC or Atlanta)
HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website. An app. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest and fun.
HODINKEE is looking for a Category Manager to further grow and develop the Vintage business at the HODINKEE Shop.
What You'll Do
The HODINKEE Shop Category Manager, Vintage is responsible for supporting the Vintage Team which includes sourcing merchandise, maintaining client relationships, and producing required assets for our online listings. The position requires a high-level knowledge and experience with vintage timepieces.
- Sourcing, vetting, and pricing merchandise ready for sale
- Inspect and prepare watches prior to sale
- Develop and maintain strong vendor and buyer relationships
- Work with the Photography Team for producing images for products
- Review images and product descriptions for online listing
- Manage vendor/buyer communication through the company’s customer support system
- Register all relevant information for inventory management
- Aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Interacting with Creative, Marketing, Fulfillment, Operations, and Customer Experience teams as needed to support a cohesive workflow
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Professional experience of 5 years or more with sourcing and vetting vintage timepieces is required
- Excellent writing skill and professional experience of copywriting a plus
- Collaborative, consultative style with a strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization
- Comfortable and effective at developing strong partnerships with internal and external partners
- Experience working with luxury goods such as watches, jewelry, fine art, and/or leather goods
- Experience with Shopify and NetSuite a plus
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job and work in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.