Who What Wear is looking to hire a retoucher to join its award-winning culture. If you’re an experienced photo retoucher who is motivated by great design in everything you do, we want to hear from you!
Photography is a vital part of our brand identity, and we need a detail-oriented retoucher to make all our assets consistent, crisp, and representative of our emerging apparel line and content sites. As the Photo Retoucher, you will be responsible for retouching incoming photography assets and facilitating the delivery of final files to our digital asset management system. This hands-on role will require constant interaction with our DTC division and the larger Creative team.
We are looking for an experienced retoucher with a great eye and elevated taste with a strong interest in digital photography and design. You are receptive to feedback and great at taking the initiative to provide solutions to retouching challenges, sometimes in real-time.
This position is based in Los Angeles.
Our Future of Work: Who What Wear employees are working from home for the remainder of 2021; therefore, all interview and onboarding activities are virtual. Beginning in 2022, we will transition to a hybrid in-person/ remote work environment. Candidates should be open to working remotely with a requirement to work in person from time to time.
- Transition images from raw camera files to clean, crisp final images
- Format and enhance all image content; maintain file size and crop specification
- Review and provide detailed retouching, color correction, and delivery of all e-commerce image files within timelines communicated by the Senior project manager or Producer
- Determine the crop of different images based on guidelines or creative judgment
- Color correct garments in photos from physical samples
- Ensure visual consistency of product images
- Remove backgrounds and do cutouts of all e-commerce product
- Retouch editorial imagery and special projects
- Manage Influencer and Editor self-shot imagery
- Upload imagery to G-drives and keep a clear folder format and process
- Support other teams across the company with ad hoc retouch jobs
- Ad hoc assignments as needed
- 3-4 years of professional experience in image retouching, editing/photography; preferably in Fashion, retail, or e-commerce
- A robust retouching portfolio that demonstrates consistency and proficiency in retouching, compositing, and color-correcting with a keen eye for fashion/model photography as well as still life product photography and photo composition
- Comfortable with competing deadlines on a wide range of projects at once
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality and efficiency
- Ability to multitask and stay organized
- Strong problem solving with the ability to adapt quickly
- Working knowledge of all photographic formats and processing skills, including RAW image files, Photoshop, Bridge, and Capture One
- Experience working with a digital asset management system (DAM) or maintaining a server file structure
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Benefits & Perks:
- Work/Life Balance: Unlimited time off, paid holidays, Summer Fridays (Half-day Fridays), paid winter break, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: 85%–100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short- and long-term disability coverage and life insurance. Self-Care Fridays (Half-day Fridays) to encourage self-care and mental health awareness.
- Financial Well-being: Sponsored 401k plan with unlimited access to financial advisors and planning tools. Bonus eligibility for all Full-Time employees.
- Opportunity to Fight Racism: We’re proud to match 100% of employee donations made to organizations that combat racism or support recovery from racist acts of violence.
- Opportunity to Do Good: Each employee dedicates one day per year toward an impactful social good project.
Who What Wear provides an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Who What Wear believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an international company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
More about Who What Wear:
Who What Wear is an international fashion company known for its content sites—whowhatwear.com and whowhatwear.co.uk—and its affordable, size-inclusive, and trend-forward line of clothing and accessories. The brand was founded in 2006 by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power and includes the chart-topping career podcast, Second Life, which is hosted by Kerr. Most recently, Who What Wear launched a sister company, Versed, which is a clean skincare line with products at affordable prices. Headquartered in Los Angeles.