Assistant Store Manager
Dion Lee is searching for an Assistant Store Manager for the first US flagship location in Soho, New York, NY. This key store leadership role will be responsible for supporting retail business objectives by achieving, maintaining, and driving the business.
Dion Lee is a designer brand hailing from Sydney, Australia, established in 2009 by its eponymous Creative Director. Renowned for experimental construction combined with traditional tailoring, the brand has pioneered a modern identity for Australian fashion.
How you will contribute
- Support the operations of the store, including the business performance, customer service, and company image in the store
- Drive the achievement of the store's sale targets while also supporting the team to meet individual sales goals
- Assist in maximizing the business potential of the store and maximizing sales by the department in line with company strategy
- Work with the Boutique Director to mentor and coach retail associates to develop their competencies and support their growth while driving their sales and ultimately the sales of the store as a whole
- Partner with the Boutique Director to monitor proper use and ensure the quality of data in the sales staff's client books, as well as working with sales staff to propose action plans
- Assist the Boutique Director with recruiting store associates and maintaining potential candidates
- Facilitate staff training and new hire inductions, as well as ensuring the proper follow-up steps are taken
- Comply with and enforce Dion Lee standards and procedures
- Deliver exceptional service to all clientele by upholding brand service values and standards while managing customer relationships in a timely, professional manner
- Effectively perform operational functions: opens and closes the store, register, and back-office management procedures
- Maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect
Who you are
- Minimum of 2 years of retail experience in a managerial role
- Ability to work in a team, possess organization awareness and flexibility
- Demonstrate ability to adapt, strong knowledge of products and philosophy of the brand
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods
- Flexible work schedule that includes evening, weekends, and holiday season
Why work with us?
This is a tremendous opportunity to join the Dion Lee adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of an international brand that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Dion Lee and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling work environment.
At Dion Lee we are committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs, and sexual orientation - enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.