The role is working on a new start-up brand, that is centered around delivering capsule collections to customers and is thinking outside of the usual fashion calendar.
The brand ethos is Responsible. Recycle. Renew.
The Production Manager is responsible for on-time delivery of stock, to the highest quality, at the right price. This role naturally involves working cross functionally with the designers and developers of the brand, but also with the sales, merchandising, logistics, finance, marketing and customer service teams of Tomorrow
The ideal candidate will have experience in sustainable processes and practices in the supply chain.
- Critical Path Management is key, as coordinated deliveries with our partners will be paramount to the planning of this brand. Timely raising of POs, and supplier relations is crucial.
- Wash care labels, brand labeling and packaging materials for bulk production, working with Product Developer to build the branding materials across categories.
- Attend regular fit meetings for SMS and PP samples alongside the design and development team and ensure all garments are fitted and sealed in accordance with agreed delivery dates.
- Liaise closely with all factories on QC submissions and ensuring reports are submitted in a timely manner ahead of the delivery dates.
- Revert to customer service inquiries regarding specialist product details and measurement requests as required.
- Raw materials and trim excess reports from the suppliers at the end of each season and managing the inventory across Development to Production (KPIs on material reduction).
- Product Costings, detailed cost breakdown from factories and GM% reporting.
Experience and skills
- A relevant degree level qualification and hold 2-3 years of experience in a similar role within the premium contemporary fashion industry.
- Good knowledge of garment construction and production methods on both knitted and woven fabrics and soft accessories.
- A working knowledge of manufacturing operations, pattern making, and materials is also required.
- IT skills: MS Office mandatory, ERP (Zedonk) system knowledge preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, good organization skills, self-motivation and a conscientious attitude.
- The ability to thrive under pressure and work to key deadlines, enabling the critical path to be met.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with a strong ability to liaise with factories and fellow team members.